Xbox 360 scratching disc

Witt

So today I was playing GTA 5 on my Xbox 360(I don't know how/if I can check, but I'd guess it has been used less than 150 hours in total(since I bought it, I've regretted it)). I've borrowed the game from a friend. While playing GTA 5, suddenly there was a wierd loud noise, and the xbox 360 returned to the home screen. So I tried launching the game again, without any luck. So I ejected the disc, and found a circular scrath on the disc.

What the f-word do I do? (''buy a new disc''-comments aren't appreciated :P

You can swear......but to a certain extent. You can't swear at other people though. 

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

there isnt much you can do sadly so getting a new ones the only option 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Step 1: Aquire campfire or any hot burning fire. Housefire also recommended.

Step 2: Insert XBOX into said fire.

Step 3: Wait for fire to totally burn your XBOX.

Step 4: Aquire PC.

Problem solved.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

Take it to a gamestore and ask for it to be replaced. If that doesn't work, you're going to have to buy a new one.

Also, Xbox 360s generally scratch the discs when it's being moved around, it doesn't just happen spontaneously. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

So today I was playing GTA 5 on my Xbox 360(I don't know how/if I can check, but I'd guess it has been used less than 150 hours in total(since I bought it, I've regretted it)). I've borrowed the game from a friend. While playing GTA 5, suddenly there was a wierd loud noise, and the xbox 360 returned to the home screen. So I tried launching the game again, without any luck. So I ejected the disc, and found a circular scrath on the disc.

is your xbox standing up or on its side?

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

bad xbox!!!! bad!!! :(

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

was the xbox on its side 

Step 1: Aquire campfire or any hot burning fire. Housefire also recommended.

Step 2: Insert XBOX into said fire.

Step 3: Wait for fire to totally burn your XBOX.

Step 4: Aquire PC.

Problem solved.

I'm a PC lover :)

is your xbox standing up or on its side?

Standing up?

@

Standing up?

@

is it vertical or horizontal? lay it horizontal and it should help your problem 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

is it vertical or horizontal? lay it horizontal and it should help your problem 

It's vertical, and the '?' was meaning like 'does it matter'. I'll lay it down.

But is it a typical problem, or am I really unlucky? :S

It's vertical, and the '?' was meaning like 'does it matter'. I'll lay it down.

But is it a typical problem, or am I really unlucky? :S

If its standing up there a good chance that damaged it, there is a warning in the manual that standing it up can damage the disk as the tray doesn't have a lock 

If its standing up there a good chance that damaged it, there is a warning in the manual that standing it up can damage the disk as the tray doesn't have a lock 

Auch, don't think I read it when i bought many years ago... I'll try to take it to gamestop, and see if they can fix it.

Auch, don't think I read it when i bought many years ago... I'll try to take it to gamestop, and see if they can fix it.

Did you try put a scratch fixing solution on the disk, it sometimes works :/

Did you try put a scratch fixing solution on the disk, it sometimes works :/

@NoireMk2

Which kind of solutions is there? I've never had scratched disc before. :S