RyzenStation 2

Here is my latest build, my long lasting dream finally came true.

I've always loved the PS2, it's my favourite console ever not only for the cool futuristic design that still looks nice 20 years later but also because it's the one I used the most.
Since I played Shadow of the Colossus no other console gave me the same feelings anymore, I was the guy that was carrying the PS2 at parties even if the other guys wanted to play Halo Reach in multiplayer, that's how much I love this console.

I feel that the build is now complete, but I will make photos of the inside once I get the longer sata cable I?ve ordered on Amazon to get a better cable management inside.

The desktop is a mixture of Nexus Ultimate and Rainmeter to make it feel more like a console rather than a small form factor computer, and it's also designed to be operated from afar since this is my bedroom media center.

The dvd tray works, but there is a software button to open it because I couldn't make it work from the original ps2 eject button. The power button works tho.

To make enough room for the Dvd reader I had to get rid of the GPU, but in the end it is a better choice this way because the motherboard I used in this one is a SFF that comes from the Deskmini A300 barebone project, and it has no PCIe slots anyway
(Big thanks to The Terk here, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrLj2R-tdrZFpGpPuyOCWtw , that inspired and guided my project in this direction).

I've used it exstensively for some time and temperatures are rather OK and even if Vega11 is not that good it can play most games at 720p medium setting without overheating. The back has an additional fan and some nice grilles that came from another SFF computer case that I wanted to throw away.

It's a very nice project that wasn't really hard to do, but it made me really appreciate the PS2 hardware more. And now I really want to make some other SFF computers in cases that were not intended for computers.

photo5843492496326373967.jpg

photo5843492496326373968.jpg

photo5843492496326373969.jpg

photo5843492496326373970.jpg

EDIT: I finally got the last sata extension cable that I needed to make a better cable management and I took a picture of the inside:

photo5861882876272948177.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the shoutout, glad the video series inspired you!  I'm still tweaking my build (no glue yet) but have added backpanel, mounts for front IO/headphones/mic, and _potentially_ throwing a real GPU in it.  If that's something you want to see, LMK!

On 5/6/2020 at 4:53 PM, TheTerk said:

Thanks for the shoutout, glad the video series inspired you!  I'm still tweaking my build (no glue yet) but have added backpanel, mounts for front IO/headphones/mic, and _potentially_ throwing a real GPU in it.  If that's something you want to see, LMK!

Can't wait to see that, I've seen there are some options with the M2 slots but those solutions were too expensive for me!

I have a couple of more ps2 cases I'll try to fit a full ITX with a GTX 750 and a pico psu in the future, but maybe that's a project for a bigger case like the Xbox One or the Ps4 pro if I can find a broken one!

Very happy you looket at this post!