Deactivate device without device manager

lks_20

Hello there,

I´ve got an old Notebook which was recently upgraded to Windows 10.

There seems to be an issue with the GPU drivers - the Intel HD Graphics to be exact. There us a dedicated (AMD) GPU aswell. When this "device" is deactivated everything works fine.

When activated everything crashes and the system refuses to boot properly. The last update activated the device. 

Is there any way to deactivate a device within windows without using the device manager? 

I can only use the console (cmd) amd registry. 

Can anyone help me?

Console should let you run device manager. Type devmgmt.msc. if this is safe boot with command prompt of course. You may also remove driver using registry, but it's far more complicated.

You may also try different method - boot your drive using another computer, let Windows install devices, look at this and remove/uninstall device that is no longer used. Then boot again drive on your laptop and let Windows install proper device driver.

3 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

Console should let you run device manager. Type devmgmt.msc. if this is safe boot with command prompt of course. You may also remove driver using registry, but it's far more complicated.

thank you.but I can only access the cmd with an win10 usb stick. I can´t open the device manager by typing devmgmt.msc. That´s why I asked for another way.

49 minutes ago, lks_20 said:

thank you.but I can only access the cmd with an win10 usb stick. I can´t open the device manager by typing devmgmt.msc. That´s why I asked for another way.

So I gave you another way (I edited my post later).