Ram Recommendation

Go to solution Solved by Metallus97,
2 minutes ago, GrimReapez said:

Really?? 馃槷聽, Where did you find this information. Is it somewhere on the specs page or is it speculation? . I would love to know for future reference.聽聽

Technically this is a OC. You have to enable the XMP profile in BIOS. That will load optimized timings form the RAM and work just fine. Outside of spec but fine!

I am also running a 3900x wich is rated for 3200Mhz at 3800 without any problems. Just enabled the option in BIOS.

Hey guys! I could really use some help with a question i have..

Im interested in getting the most optimized ram speed my motherboard and cpu can handle .聽

But im a little confused since they both have different ram requirements.聽

My cpu only supports up ddr4- 2933 Ram speed . But my motherboard supports up to 3200 when overclocked .

Will getting ram much higher speed than my cpu can handle , Will it bottleneck my cpu? Will i be able to use the full ram clock speed?

I want 32GB of Ram . So聽 a recommendation would be greatly appreciated.聽

Cpu : Ryzen 2700x

Mobo : ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming

GPU : NVIDIA RTX 2060

The Ryzen 7 2700X will run with 3200MHz ram.聽

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black聽(with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux聽- Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I need?聽ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explained,聽group reg is bad

The speeds you have there are the official specifications. However running that COULD limit the CPU a BIT. CPU and mobo are able to go faster.

Idd get some 3200Mhz RAM. Enough speed and not really more expensive than 2933Mhz.聽

I recommend Corsair LPX or (sometimes cheaper) Gskill Aegis. Thats not high end RAM but it will do the job just fine. IF you should run intro problems running it at 3200Mhz you can always tune it down to 2933. However if your BIOS is up to date 3200Mhz will run!

FOLDING MONTH 2021! GOGOGO and save on some heating costs 馃檪

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

The Ryzen 7 2700X will run with 3200MHz ram.聽

Really?? 馃槷聽, Where did you find this information. Is it somewhere on the specs page or is it speculation? . I would love to know for future reference.聽聽

Technically this is a OC. You have to enable the XMP profile in BIOS. That will load optimized timings form the RAM and work just fine. Outside of spec but fine!

I am also running a 3900x wich is rated for 3200Mhz at 3800 without any problems. Just enabled the option in BIOS.

4 minutes ago, GrimReapez said:

Personal experience

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black聽(with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux聽- Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I need?聽ATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explained,聽group reg is bad

11 minutes ago, Metallus97 said:

The speeds you have there are the official specifications. However running that COULD limit the CPU a BIT. CPU and mobo are able to go faster.

Idd get some 3200Mhz RAM. Enough speed and not really more expensive than 2933Mhz.聽

I recommend Corsair LPX or (sometimes cheaper) Gskill Aegis. Thats not high end RAM but it will do the job just fine. IF you should run intro problems running it at 3200Mhz you can always tune it down to 2933. However if your BIOS is up to date 3200Mhz will run!

How many sticks of ram can my cpu support? Does it only support 2 sticks or 4 if i want to aim for 32gb of 3200.

How many sticks of ram can my cpu support? Does it only support 2 sticks or 4 if i want to aim for 32gb of 3200.

Your CPU supports dual Chanel mode and for sticks.

Running single Chanel on Ryzen is close to a crime, because it HURTS performance.

Running 4 instead of 2 modules doesn't change the performance, because the CPU does not support quad channel. So for example 2x8 will be the same to the CPU as 4x4.

I reccomend buying a 2x16GB kit. You wont loose performance and will still have room for future upgrades. However with 32GB of ram you should be good for years to come. I also have 32Gb... to be honest: I rarely max them out when running normal Windows/Gmaing/Streaming etc stuff.