Unusual PC CRASH

hey Guys im running a core i3 7100, a gigbyte 1050ti G1 gaming ,gamemax 450 powersupply, Asus b250g  strix motherboard, 

recently my PC completely crashed around 2 or 3 times where after each time it wouldn't boot up ,bu each time  when i removed the GPU and reset bios it booted back up and then i plugged the gpu in again and it''ll boot up and work normally again. but one morning when i tried to turn on the pc it wouldn't turn ,i mean no power but the motherboard LEDs light up(i know that has different standby power supply) , this time i thougt my psu has failed and might have even burned my motherboard with it,fortunately i tried trouble shooting again today where i removed the gpu and tried again where it was the same it wont power on nut then i removed the CMOS battery and tried again where luckily it turned on but didnt boot up but on the second try it booted up and worked fine to my surprise ad then i plugged the gpu again voila it works again,remember this was a pc that wouldn't it even power on.

my concern is now how i find what is faulty in my computer? or is it overheating? how can i test? is it a weak PSU or a faulty motherboard? please recommend tests to diagnose these issues.it's puzzling me,

Thank you

Edited by Tharusha
posted incomplete thread by accident

30 minutes ago, Kon-Tiki said:

Could you please elaborate. With this little info it's impossible to suggest anything.

sorry i accidentally posted an incomplete post. Please check and recommend any diagnosis. 

thanks! 

I have the following ideas for the time being:

• When you experienced a system crash does only taking out the GPU and rebooting (no CMOS clear) solve the issue?
  • If this is not the case, does a CMOS clear without removing the GPU solve the problem?
  • Do you have another known good GPU, PSU or motherboard to start eliminating points of failure. I.e. you could try replacing the GPU and check whether the crashes continue or try running your currently used graphics card in another computer that runs stable.

While overheating is a possible cause for system instability boot problems don't result from that (assuming you gave your system some time to cool down after a crash which seems to be the case judging by your description). With that said this is not necessarily true for the PSU. Overheating or a single component failure (like a capacitor or transistor) in the PSU can permanently break it. Did you smell anything burnt?

Hope I could give you some help.