FTP html website files

Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,
2 minutes ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Yes, If you put it that way I guess that's not possible? 馃槄

No, you need a webserver. Either Apache or NGINX are the most common.

Hello LTT Community,

I have just made a FileZilla FTP Server and it is working fine.

Now I wanted to upload some website html but each time I enter the url in my browser it just tries to download it instead of opening the page.

Is there any way i can get around this and just access it as website?

Thanks in advance,

~Sven

Wait, you're trying to host a website on an FTP server?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

2 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Or should I use something like WAMP for web purposes? then I'll just switch to that.

2 minutes ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, CoinDuckling369 said:

Or should I use something like WAMP for web purposes? then I'll just switch to that.

Yeah, WAMP Server will do the job.

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Yeah, WAMP Server will do the job.

5 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Allright thank you, which one do you advice?

15 minutes ago, CoinDuckling369 said:

Allright thank you, which one do you advice?

WAMP Server is the easiest solution as it comes preconfigured and ready to go.

WAMP means Windows Apache MySQL/MariaDB PHP so it has everything you should need included including PHPMyAdmin for SQL DB administration.

You'll need to forward port 80 to the machine that's running WAMP Server for external access though I tend to change it to port 81 and forward that instead (its not strictly necessary but since 80 is the default port for HTTP it splits the traffic intended for your server up from regular traffic).

21 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

WAMP Server is the easiest solution as it comes preconfigured and ready to go.

WAMP means Windows Apache MySQL/MariaDB PHP so it has everything you should need included including PHPMyAdmin for SQL DB administration.

You'll need to forward port 80 to the machine that's running WAMP Server for external access though I tend to change it to port 81 and forward that instead (its not strictly necessary but since 80 is the default port for HTTP it splits the traffic intended for your server up from regular traffic).

Allright, thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it.