Need Help With Building A Computer!!!

So I'm planning on getting me a new computer and I haven't finalized what route to go with laptop or desktop. I know that desktops are more powerful and have more flexibility to clean and upgrade but I don't have internet and the only times I get it is when I use my phone's mobile hotspot or I move into my own place in a couple of years. I already have a decent laptop but I was wondering if I should upgrade it or get a desktop. What I do is watch videos, play games, and do some personal work. I don't have the money currently pay for a computer but I'm just getting suggestions for my options on hardware. I'm wanting to run 3 monitors at 1080p or 1440p 120Hz or 144Hz I haven't decided what to go with. I'm wanting some room to upgrade later down the line. I'm planning my budget of no higher than $1500 but is subject to change if necessary. All that I need to be in the budget is monitors and the computer. I already have the peripherals and audio devices and a VGA monitor if i want to hook up a forth monitor to monitor temps and use for Spotify. I can always hook it up to the built-in graphics because I don't need anything powerful to run on that monitor. I don't know what brands to go with but I want something that can stand the test of time. Please leave me with comments and suggestions on what I should do or go with. Thanks.

Do you care more about aesthetics of the case and inside, or do you prefer performance.

The geek himself.

7 minutes ago, nerfblaster1234 said:

I don't have the money currently pay for a computer but I'm just getting suggestions for my options on hardware

new hardware will be on the market in the coming months, as usual. It's best to lay out your performance requirements and budget when you plan on buying.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

new hardware will be on the market in the coming months, as usual. It's best to lay out your performance requirements and budget when you plan on buying.

I would expect a delayed launch date.  Q4 is what I would put my money on.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

I prefer performance over aesthetics to an extent want it to look decent (not like a piece of trash) but preform well and I don't care for water cooling unless if it increases performance.

1 minute ago, nerfblaster1234 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but this motherboard https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B350I-PRO-AC/Overview is Ryzen not Intel. Can you send me a link to the motherboard that your are referring to.

Correction its the B150i, that's a typo. Also are you looking for a PC more compact, or bigger?

The geek himself.

2 minutes ago, nerfblaster1234 said:

Compact.

And are you more into Intel or AMD. I prefer Intel if I am gaming ,and AMD if I intend to do video editing, photoshop, etc.

The geek himself.

6 minutes ago, nerfblaster1234 said:

I've always had a good history with Intel never used AMD. So Intel.

I can't fit within your budget with 3 144hz monitors, they are too expensive. I need a more powerful graphics card if you want to do 3D Surround. With that I can's fit them in.

The geek himself.

8 minutes ago, nerfblaster1234 said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8Bdtsk

CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.97 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z390M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($132.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($79.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($50.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ Best Buy) 
Case: NZXT H210 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($78.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.98 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: MSI Optix G24C4 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($179.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1607.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-16 22:07 EDT-0400

This is as close I can get

The geek himself.

6 minutes ago, nerfblaster1234 said:

Just a note amd is also good for games and cheaper and it's not hard to familiarize and if u watch some amd vids by LTT someone you prefer you can see that it has good performance even in games this is Ryzen 5 3600X for $225.99 on Amazon and it performs good and it has more cores than the intel version of it and cheaper than it

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Just now, Kanna said:

Just a note amd is also good for games and cheaper and it's not hard to familiarize and if u watch some amd vids by LTT someone you prefer you can see that it has good performance even in games this is Ryzen 5 3600X for $225.99 on Amazon and it performs good and it has more cores than the intel version of it and cheaper than it

dota-1.jpg

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

2 minutes ago, Kanna said:

dota-1.jpg

AMD's has 12 Threads, same amount of cores though.

The geek himself.

1 minute ago, Dawson Wehage said:

AMD's has 12 Threads, same amount of cores though.

sorry my bad at that part

Reminder⚠️

15 minutes ago, Dawson Wehage said:

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8Bdtsk

CPU: Intel Core i5-9400F 2.9 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($149.97 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  ($29.99 @ Newegg) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z390M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($132.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($79.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($50.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER 8 GB Video Card  ($399.99 @ Best Buy) 
Case: NZXT H210 Mini ITX Tower Case  ($78.99 @ B&H) 
Power Supply: Corsair CX (2017) 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($74.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1607.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-16 22:07 EDT-0400

This is as close I can get

With this build can I get way with the stock cooler

1 minute ago, nerfblaster1234 said:

With this build can I get way with the stock cooler

Yes it'll be fine.

The geek himself.

Just now, nerfblaster1234 said:

Can I use GSync with those monitors

Likely not you would have to go down to one to afford it

The geek himself.

5 minutes ago, nerfblaster1234 said:

Can I use GSync with those monitors

nvidia GPUs are compatible with freesync now, which those monitors support.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

4 minutes ago, nerfblaster1234 said:

What's the difference and is it really that noticeable?

Basically what G-Sync does is prevent screen tearing while gaming. So unless you can get by without it, it's your choice. It can be helpful if you are playing more precise games like CS:GO and Rainbow Six Siege. Though freesync monitors are supported with nvidia too.

The geek himself.

Are the 2 fans in the case enough or will it be better to get some noctua's

Just now, nerfblaster1234 said:

Are the 2 fans in the case enough or will it be better to get some noctua's

Yeah 2 will do the job, you don't need anything special. One fan bringing air in, one pushing it out.

The geek himself.