ASUS R9 270 Overvolting

Shakaza

So, I can get my R9 270 up to 1120 MHz on the core and 6000 effective MHz on the memory on the stock voltage of 1190 mV. When I go up higher to about 1150 on the core, Battlefield 4 will crash and cause a BSOD, and my score on Unigine Valley will go down, and if I increase the memory past 6000, then my Khash goes down when I mine. The maximum voltage I am able to achieve on ASUS GPU Tweak is 1220 mV. How far is safe? Will it help that much?

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

You can probably take it up to 1.3 no problem, my 270x is stock clocked at 1.238 and I took it a bit further to see what happened and it was fine.

I wish I could take it down a bit though but my BIOS doesn't seem to allow undervolting!

If you are going to be overvolting, just watch the temps!

Pilates

I wouldnt. If t was the 270X then I would, but that has an extra 6-pin for moar power. Proceed at your own risk.

You can probably take it up to 1.3 no problem, my 270x is stock clocked at 1.238 and I took it a bit further to see what happened and it was fine.

I wish I could take it down a bit though but my BIOS doesn't seem to allow undervolting!

If you are going to be overvolting, just watch the temps!

Okay, thanks. I want to overclock it as far as I can, and I want to make sure I don't cause damage to it or something, 'cuz I'm prone to do stuff like that. xD

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

I wouldnt. If t was the 270X then I would, but that has an extra 6-pin for moar power. Proceed at your own risk.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

I'll keep that in mind, thank you.

My 7870 is at 1250mV and I can push it further. I wouldn't go any further than 1275.mV if I were you.

My 7870 is at 1250mV and I can push it further. I wouldn't go any further than 1275.mV if I were you.

Okay, I'll be careful.