Rate the build

vexxx

PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/8MyPhg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (£269.00 @ Amazon UK) 
Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£183.40 @ Alza) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  (£88.26 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive  (£105.48 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£54.78 @ Aria PC) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB WINDFORCE OC 3X Video Card  (£495.53 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£77.81 @ CCL Computers) 
Power Supply: be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM 600 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply  (£87.52 @ SmartTeck.co.uk) 
Total: £1361.78

Rate the build

What's it for? Gaming?

If so, you won't need a 3700x, a 3600 will do fine. With that, unless you need PCIe 4, which it doesn't seem, a good B450 board will do well.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

3 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What's it for? Gaming?

If so, you won't need a 3700x, a 3600 will do fine. With that, unless you need PCIe 4, which it doesn't seem, a good B450 board will do well.

Its hard to find a b450 board with wifi in the UK, if you could help that would be brilliant. I will probably end up going for the 3600

2 minutes ago, vexxx said:

Its hard to find a b450 board with wifi in the UK, if you could help that would be brilliant. I will probably end up going for the 3600

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/t797YJ/msi-b450-gaming-pro-carbon-ac-atx-am4-motherboard-b450-gaming-pro-carbon-ac

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

Looks good. I would only suggest you maybe look into upping your RAM to 32GB if your work requires it. It's quite easy to max a 16GB kit these days. If not i see you left a path to upgrade later, which is good!

2 minutes ago, Vbgf said:

Looks good. I would only suggest you maybe look into upping your RAM to 32GB if your work requires it. It's quite easy to max a 16GB kit these days. If not i see you left a path to upgrade later, which is good!

I will consider it now since im gonna go with a 3600X instead and a b450 mobo

1 minute ago, vexxx said:

I will consider it now since im gonna go with a 3600X instead and a b450 mobo

If the system is just for gaming, 16 will be absolutely fine

1 minute ago, Slottr said:

If the system is just for gaming, 16 will be absolutely fine

I will be doing CAD design on the system also what about streaming will the 3600X be able to handle that well?

Why go with a sata m.2 and not a nvme one? 

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

2 minutes ago, vexxx said:

I will be doing CAD design on the system also what about streaming will the 3600X be able to handle that well?

3600 should handle it well, that's where you may want to go back to the 3700x- due to the multitasking. Extra cores and threads are handy for that

1 minute ago, ItsAcid said:

Why go with a sata m.2 and not a nvme one? 

could you please explain the performance difference and potential price difference

5 minutes ago, vexxx said:

could you please explain the performance difference and potential price difference

A nvme ssd uses the PCIe interface rather then the sata interface. Read and writes are much faster over the PCIe interface (up to 6gb/ps) instead of the around 550mb/ps a sata one. The price diffirence for a 1tb drive is roughly 50 euros. 

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

2 minutes ago, ItsAcid said:

A nvme ssd uses the PCIe interface rather then the sata interface. Read and writes are much faster over the PCIe interface (up to 6gb/ps) instead of the around 550mb/ps a sata one. The price diffirence for a 1tb drive is roughly 50 euros. 

i think i've finessed it https://www.cclonline.com/product/264047/CT1000P1SSD8/Solid-State-Drives-SSDs-/Crucial-P1-1TB-3D-NAND-NVMe-PCI-Express-M-2-Solid-State-Drive-Internal-/SSD0889/

Just now, vexxx said:

That's a killer deal. Will you be ordering soon? I would love to see the build