Best X570 motherboard

Go to solution Solved by pstarlord,
2 hours ago, Lfc said:

Thanks guy's. Both of you agree Aorus Pro is decent solution! 

ASrock Taichi better or worse for 50$ more right now? 

Taichi 308$

Aorus Pro 258$

Personally, I love the look of the Taichi boards.  I've got a Z270 build with one. These days, when I'm buying a mobo, I have a few things I look for that I find to be important. 

1-VRM rating.  I just don't want to have to question weather or not the VRMs in my mobo are delivering power to the CPU properly, cleanly and evenly.  

2-BIOS layout and availability of resources specifically dedicated to that exact BIOS. (youtube videos for example)  I'm not an expert by any means on much of this stuff, and it becomes incredibly confusing trying to decipher different companies vernacular.  (the only frustrating thing about my Taichi board actually)

3-Back Panel Features and On Board I/O count to fit my needs.

1-I believe most of the Aorus motherboards for X570 have pretty highly rated VRMs.  I'm pretty sure the Taichi one does as well. 

2-BIOS - as I said before, personally I prefer the Aorus BIOS because of the readily available information on it, but do some research and see what one looks best to you.

3-Back Panel Features and I/O is pretty comparable.  I noticed the Aorus boards include 4 USB 2 ports and 6 USB 3, while the Taichi does 8 USB 3.  Similar band width, I preferred the 4 USB 2 ports because then there is one for Mouse, Keyboard, Controller and my USB speaker. Leaving the 6 USB 3 ports wide open, as well as the 2 on the front panel.  The BIOS and CMOS buttons on the back of the Taichi are very appealing though.  If you're going to be overclocking your RAM I always suggest having the ability to reset your BIOS or clear your CMOS easily available because if you mess up a timing setting on your RAM it can cause all sorts of boot problems in my experience. 

Actually, I'm thinking if you enjoy the Asrock BIOS, then I'd suggest that one, just based on how I would approach comparing the two if I were buying one for myself.  It would come down to the BIOS for me in the end. 

Which is the Best X570 motherboard in 300$ category? 

Which and Why? 

As I say in other topics who open I like from cheap mobos ASrock Steel Legend but this have poor VRM s... This the more table board i have ever seen

I hate TUF from ASUS because open I/O shield plastic fan and design. I would never buy this one

I like very much Gigabyte Aorus Pro

ASUS Prime PRO

If i forget all this and can spend 30$ more which motherboard is the best and why? 

Is ASrock Taichi the Best in this category? 

Thanks in advance for your time

for 300$, I'd say the X570 Taichi. Great VRM, although worse than the others, is more than enough for a 3950X on water or even LN2

It makes up for that in the other features, such as a post code, 8 sata ports (if you need that many), buttons, etc. The Unify also has all these, and a slightly better VRM, but costs a little more. It's a tossup between the two, imo at 300$. The gigabyte aorus ultra isn't really worth it, its basically a aorus pro.

The X570-Prime Pro is basically a re-colored X570 Tuf for 50$ more, adds literally nothing, wouldn't get. The X570 Aorus elite is decent, but is missing quite some features, so at ~250$ I'd get the X570 Aorus Pro.

Can't say enough about the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master.  I've been using one since September, no issues, looks great, BIOS is easy to work in and has plenty of information available right now for every setting in the BIOS.  I found mine on sale, got it for like $320ish if I remember correctly.  If you've got the patients to wait for a sale, that could be good.  But that Aorus Pro is also great, and has the same BIOS. 

40 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

for 300$, I'd say the X570 Taichi. Great VRM, although worse than the others, is more than enough for a 3950X on water or even LN2

It makes up for that in the other features, such as a post code, 8 sata ports (if you need that many), buttons, etc. The Unify also has all these, and a slightly better VRM, but costs a little more. It's a tossup between the two, imo at 300$. The gigabyte aorus ultra isn't really worth it, its basically a aorus pro.

The X570-Prime Pro is basically a re-colored X570 Tuf for 50$ more, adds literally nothing, wouldn't get. The X570 Aorus elite is decent, but is missing quite some features, so at ~250$ I'd get the X570 Aorus Pro.

14 minutes ago, pstarlord said:

Can't say enough about the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master.  I've been using one since September, no issues, looks great, BIOS is easy to work in and has plenty of information available right now for every setting in the BIOS.  I found mine on sale, got it for like $320ish if I remember correctly.  If you've got the patients to wait for a sale, that could be good.  But that Aorus Pro is also great, and has the same BIOS. 

Taichi 308$

Aorus Pro 258$

1 minute ago, Lfc said:

Taichi 308$

Aorus Pro 258$

The only real feature the Taichi adds is a post code, and perhaps some better mem OC, and aesthetics. I'd get the Pro, but if you don't like the look of the pro, the taichi is great too.

20 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

The only real feature the Taichi adds is a post code, and perhaps some better mem OC, and aesthetics. I'd get the Pro, but if you don't like the look of the pro, the taichi is great too.

Team Up Fight On? 

For 47 years old guy like me? 

This is ridiculous! 

IMG_20200412_110859.jpg

2 hours ago, Lfc said:

Taichi 308$

Aorus Pro 258$

Personally, I love the look of the Taichi boards.  I've got a Z270 build with one. These days, when I'm buying a mobo, I have a few things I look for that I find to be important. 

1-VRM rating.  I just don't want to have to question weather or not the VRMs in my mobo are delivering power to the CPU properly, cleanly and evenly.  

2-BIOS layout and availability of resources specifically dedicated to that exact BIOS. (youtube videos for example)  I'm not an expert by any means on much of this stuff, and it becomes incredibly confusing trying to decipher different companies vernacular.  (the only frustrating thing about my Taichi board actually)

3-Back Panel Features and On Board I/O count to fit my needs.

1-I believe most of the Aorus motherboards for X570 have pretty highly rated VRMs.  I'm pretty sure the Taichi one does as well. 

2-BIOS - as I said before, personally I prefer the Aorus BIOS because of the readily available information on it, but do some research and see what one looks best to you.

3-Back Panel Features and I/O is pretty comparable.  I noticed the Aorus boards include 4 USB 2 ports and 6 USB 3, while the Taichi does 8 USB 3.  Similar band width, I preferred the 4 USB 2 ports because then there is one for Mouse, Keyboard, Controller and my USB speaker. Leaving the 6 USB 3 ports wide open, as well as the 2 on the front panel.  The BIOS and CMOS buttons on the back of the Taichi are very appealing though.  If you're going to be overclocking your RAM I always suggest having the ability to reset your BIOS or clear your CMOS easily available because if you mess up a timing setting on your RAM it can cause all sorts of boot problems in my experience. 

Actually, I'm thinking if you enjoy the Asrock BIOS, then I'd suggest that one, just based on how I would approach comparing the two if I were buying one for myself.  It would come down to the BIOS for me in the end.