Refridgerated watercooling loop

About a week ago, the Tested youtube channel posted a video with Adam Savage building a custom refrigerant loop that exchanges heat to a water cooling loop so that he can cool himself off while wearing full body cosplay for example a space suit.

The video has a refrigerant expert that actually made the cooling systems for NASA's experimental suits for the "High Seas" experiments.

My connection, is that while using said system you can get 800W of cooling off a radiator smaller than a 120mm fan that you can connect to a separate water (or alcohol in the video) cooling loop.

Now I don't exactly have the capital to invest in the components to make my own system, but also think that using a similar system to cool a pc loop would be freaking awesome.

Especially because it would be basically Linus' hacked apart air conditioner, but specially build and sealed making it a bit more safe as well (other than just putting an enclosure around it to prevent shocks)

Really cool system that I'd like to see cooling a PC in the future.

Link to video: Adam Savage's One Day Builds: Refrigerated Cooling Suit!

6 minutes ago, Dexknows said:

-SNIP-

If one so desires there are water chillers that you can buy off the shelf and use them on PC watercooling, barring that you keep temps above ambient to prevent condensation. 

https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/water-chillers/hailea-hc-300a-110v-1-4hp395watt-cooling-capacity-waterchiller-hc-300a.html

I'm a builder through and through.

I like seeing the build, and experiencing it. Using a chiller like that kinda seems like cheating to me.

Yeah I was looking at the video too. 

Instead of going the total DIY route, you can try mini fridge units. Was looking through Alibaba and stumbled across this: Alibaba: portable dc 24v units for mini water chiller...

HTB1dM9EaN2rK1RkSnhJq6ykdpXaa.jpg_640x640q50.jpg_.webp

Dimension wize it is physically smaller than the Hailea. Still need to figure out a 12v supply but that is a heck a lot easier than figuring out a loop for the refrigerant to flow.

The seller does allow a MOQ of one and the total cost of that unit is still cheaper than just the single Aspen compressor. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"