Open With .lnk?

Hey forum.

I have stumbled into a problem i havnt been able to find the solution for.

I went into open a program with the WinRar archiver today and all of a sudden all of my 'shortcut' links have turned into '.lnk' files. All the desktop icons have been replaced and now comes up with 'blahblah.lnk'. The shortcuts no longer work, instead they all open with the same program, but do not go to the program they are linked to.

The only place i could find that had a simmilar issue was the microsoft answers forum, but they only had the answer fo windows xp, I have windows 7.

Windows answers link: Here

Thank you for your time.

-OTL

This is a really weird problem... 

If you have a backup or restore point set.. try rolling back...  

Sorry but thats all Iv got  :(

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

I have top agree with Nee, would be a malware issue.

Try using AVG or some other malware software (maybe like malwarebytes or something)

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly