Can a audio interface work while i have a amp and dac connected to the pc at the same time???

bestghost_potato

So I own a dac and amp but i have a garbage mic and im planning to start streaming so im just wondering if buying a at2020 with a umc204hd audio interface will interfear with the amp and dac or if the mic will work?

(im still a slight newbie at this so im sorry if this inconveniences anyone)

Amp: smsl thx 888

Dac: smsl m300

headset: hd660s

planned interface: beringer umc204hd

planned mic: audio technica at2020

3 hours ago, bestghost_potato said:

So I own a dac and amp but i have a garbage mic and im planning to start streaming so im just wondering if buying a at2020 with a umc204hd audio interface will interfear with the amp and dac or if the mic will work?

(im still a slight newbie at this so im sorry if this inconveniences anyone)

Amp: smsl thx 888

Dac: smsl m300

headset: hd660s

planned interface: beringer umc204hd

planned mic: audio technica at2020

It will work fine. Just set the SMSL M300 as your default output, then the Interface as the microphone input.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

1 minute ago, bestghost_potato said:

@Derkoli will it work if there are also speakers connected to the interface. Will the speakers work?

Yep!

If you set the audio interface as the default output, then the speakers will work. Then you can select your SMSL DAC and use headphones. :)

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)