Laptop dedicated Nvdia gpu doesnt show up

SnaX_X

A couple of days ago I short circuted my laptop display while changing the thermal paste. Now, the laptop boots fine with a secondary monitor connected to the HDMI port of the laptop but the dedicated gpu doesnt show up in the device manager. Is this occurring because I disconnected the laptop display? I cant change the display because of the lockdown and I cant also play anything because the games use the intel gpu I've tried resetting

Are you sure the dead component isn't the GPU itself? If it's not showing up, that's a bad sign.

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Are you sure the dead component isn't the GPU itself? If it's not showing up, that's a bad sign.

I checked the edp cable (40 pin) and the last pin has corroded so my guess is the edp cable is dead 

16 minutes ago, SnaX_X said:

I checked the edp cable (40 pin) and the last pin has corroded so my guess is the edp cable is dead 

That shouldn't cause the GPU to not show up, though. If the GPU is not visible in the BIOS, it's fucked

18 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

That shouldn't cause the GPU to not show up, though. If the GPU is not visible in the BIOS, it's fucked

If that's the case, do have to change the motherboard or the gpu can just be swapped? 

Plus, can I try cutting the edp pins short to like place it into the slot cause I can see a short pin on the corroded one 

Lastly could the display be fixed without fixing the gpu or the motherboard? 

This is the only thing I can see on the bios 

15860979686965799321891654206987.jpg

16 minutes ago, Benji said:

Is there an option somewhere that allows switching between the discrete and the integrated GPU? Some devices contain an option to disable the dGPU.

Cant see anything to do with the gpu sadly