YouTube live help

Hello helpful internet people, I'm in a slight predicament... With the current health crisis going about I have been promoted to chief YouTube live stream officer for my church... The only problem is I have absolutely no idea what I am doing lol...

I've bumbled through 2 weeks so far but was wondering if anyone might have any suggestions or tips to get me started 

I have an elgato hd60s+ for camera feed, a USB audio interface coming off the soundboard we've been using, and display capture on the secondary monitor to throw the power points on the the stream

Is this as good as it gets? Or am I doing okay? Any feedback is very appreciated 

Welcome to the Forum!

Congratulations on that promotion! 🙂

You've outlined the hardware you're using which sounds alright - but you haven't said what you're doing beyond streaming some video and mixing in presentation slides.

What software are you using? Are people happy with the quality of the content you're producing? Is your process relatively consistent? Are there difficult things about it which you think you could easily improve with guidance?

Sig under construction.

3 hours ago, Tedster said:

Welcome to the Forum!

Congratulations on that promotion! 🙂

You've outlined the hardware you're using which sounds alright - but you haven't said what you're doing beyond streaming some video and mixing in presentation slides.

What software are you using? Are people happy with the quality of the content you're producing? Is your process relatively consistent? Are there difficult things about it which you think you could easily improve with guidance?

I've been using OBS... I dabbled with the streamlabs "distro" briefly but I've stuck with the vanilla version.. My main problem is we have a couple videos as an intro and outro, which I play with VLC and stream it using window capture in OBS, is this the typical way of doing this? Not sure if there's a better way 

9 hours ago, Junfoo said:

I've been using OBS... I dabbled with the streamlabs "distro" briefly but I've stuck with the vanilla version.. My main problem is we have a couple videos as an intro and outro, which I play with VLC and stream it using window capture in OBS, is this the typical way of doing this? Not sure if there's a better way 

In OBS you can add general Media Source which is file to be played once (or set as loop). You can bind these to hotkeys, or certain scenes. For example you could have pre-show scene with background music going on, then switch to main feed scene and intro video plays once over the camera fee. Now, I haven't used OBS enough to say if there's way to fade audio in/out automatically, or set full scene switch automatically. So you most likely need to enable main audio source after intro file has been played. Same goes with outro.

I haven't done this with video. I had intermission scene where audio would come in after few seconds telling general info about the stream. Then have several other voice clips to hotkey in with.

This is pure OBS, and has nothing with it being on YT, Twitch or Mixer (etc.). On YT side of things the most important thing to remember is that it doesn't start or stop streaming automatically. And that when setting up the stream, be careful with date and time of it. I've had issues with scheduling stream week ahead because I didn't check the date/time to be correct. And have zombie streams as result of not ending stream properly. Just closing browser.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv