Making a 5.1 system by combining 2 stereo amplifier

Newbie0

Hello everyone,
I’m planning to make a 2.1 system where the subwoofer would be active & the stereo speakers will be hooked up to a stereo amp.

Later, I’ll make another pair of stereo speakers. 

I’ve a 7.1 sound card(integrated) in my PC. So I’ll be able to get Front & Rear outputs independently(won’t use the Middle outputs as I’m making 5.1). 

Using a splitter I’ll be able to get the Center & Subwoofer output & use them to respective places(a mono amp for the center). 

I’ll also use a Graphical EQ to balance the sound. (Can I use Graphical EQ to fine tune different speakers independently?)

It all sounds good in theory but will it actually work?

Plus, using a dedicated 5.1 Amp will definitely sound better, but for some reasons this is my only way to get a 5.1 system.

Thanks all.

I would imagine there should be an option to select 5.1 in the audio settings and disable the middle speaker. This will push the center stuff out to the fronts so you can keep the dedicated sub. Should work no problem.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

17 minutes ago, keskparane said:

I would imagine there should be an option to select 5.1 in the audio settings and disable the middle speaker. This will push the center stuff out to the fronts so you can keep the dedicated sub. Should work no problem.

Thanks. I’ll be going for it then...

will it be a issue if I use the center using a splitter to split the sub & center signall?

1 hour ago, Newbie0 said:

Thanks. I’ll be going for it then...

will it be a issue if I use the center using a splitter to split the sub & center signall?

I don't know.

If I understand what you're asking though then I think it's the wrong way to go about it. Trying to get the mid and treble ranges out of a sub would not work very well. Telling the system to balance them out to the sides should provide you better range. 

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

3 hours ago, keskparane said:

I don't know.

If I understand what you're asking though then I think it's the wrong way to go about it. Trying to get the mid and treble ranges out of a sub would not work very well. Telling the system to balance them out to the sides should provide you better range. 

Sorry I haven’t described it properly. In my 5.1 sound card output, the center & sub output comes from a single port. In that port There’s actually two channel. One of them is center and the other is sub output. So by using a splitter I can get two output cable only containing one signal. This way I can easily connect my sub to sub output & center output to center speaker. 

as I’ll still have a center speaker. 

I see. But 2.1 + 2 = 4.1 not 5.1 so the 5 will not be played unless you turn it off or get another speaker

31 minutes ago, keskparane said:

I see. But 2.1 + 2 = 4.1 not 5.1 so the 5 will not be played unless you turn it off or get another speaker

Ok I really sucks at explaining things. I’ll have 1x 2.1 & 1x 2.0 plus Another 1.0 which will be connected to a mono amp & it will be the Center speaker. 

15 hours ago, keskparane said:

This way I’ll get the proper 5.1 setup. 

• 10 months later...
On 4/2/2020 at 10:03 AM, Newbie0 said:

This way I’ll get the proper 5.1 setup. 

Actually I am planning to do exactly what you said , I'm stuck with 5.0 now [ 2x2.0 Stereo and + 1 Mono Center ( it is a JBL Bluetooth Speaker )] And now i'm trying to buy another 2.1 Speaker and separate C/Sub Channel to 2 mono separation source . And then i am going to Connect the Subwoofer to the Sub channel but in both L+R combine . With the Center i also do simillar to get mono sound in both 2 speaker. Sorry for my bad English but i want to know how your progress ? And it is any issue from splitting C/Sub to Two amplifiers ? 

Thank you.

Edited by Zcybervn