Oneplus 5 won't boot into OS

kelvinhall05

Hey guys, I decided to try and install a custom ROM on my phone, but after trying a few things, my phone now won't boot into anything but TWRP. Here's exactly what I did in chronological order:
1. Flashed official TWRP
2. Tried to install Pixel Experience by *only* flashing the .zip - it was extremely buggy, laggy, and just straight-up unusable
3. Used the "format" option from within TWRP > Wipe
4. Tried installing Pixel Experience (had to install from external USB) - appeared to install fine but it won't boot into it, just reboots into TWRP
5. Tried Pixel Experience "Plus", crDroid, Lineage OS, and stock ROM, all had the same result as PE in step 4
6. Tried using blu_spark TWRP, same result as step 4
I have absolutely no idea what to do or how to fix this. Can somebody help me? Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Format option, what did you format? Data, system, factory reset, vendor? Format is kind of vague.

Good news is you have a OnePlus, worst case you can always use the MSMTool, but that should always be a last resort as that will relock the bootloader. So try everything else first. (You can easily unlock it again, just I don't like jumping to the nuclear option first).

Assuming you didnt wipe data, you should be able to backup your data from TWRP if you need to. Back it up now.

Then I would try flashing the lastest OOS to go back to stock from TWRP to get everything back in place. Boot that once. Then start back over with the custom ROM cycle. My daily is a 6T, I still have a 5T as well, but I don't have any actual experience with the 5 unfortunately.