Cable Internet Bandwidth to Latency relationship

OCSmash

Is anyone knowledgeable about if/why different cable Internet speed tiers would have different latency per FCC testing as reported here by Comcast?  I get that a saturated line would have performance (latency) issues, but according to the chart, different speed tiers have wildly different latency with no rhyme or reason. 

I'm wondering if the FCC just does random sampling or if there is some kind of logic here.

Chart is about 3/4 of the way down the page: https://www.xfinity.com/networkmanagement

They should be the same tbh unless your local cable was congested.  After the CMTS they all use the same paths, your profile shouldn't indicate a latency difference for most services.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

That's what I would assume. The chart that they've posted seems to make no sense.

It makes me think they ran tests from different locations for the different speed tiers.

17 hours ago, OCSmash said:

That's what I would assume. The chart that they've posted seems to make no sense.

It makes me think they ran tests from different locations for the different speed tiers.

I would agree, Cable Internet is vary distance sensitive so testing at random customer locations will give you randomly different latencies. Fiber Optic on the other hand will tend to have less deviation. 

Looking at the chart though they must have been all over the place for testing.