Micro Stutter and Frame Skipping with Wallpaper Engine

Slow Motion video of the stuttering. Video was captured at 240 fps so I set the monitor to 120Hz to eliminate any sync issues.

I took a photo of the screen to prove that the monitor is definitely frame skipping

Here is a video of my laptop with the same issue as the desktop (wallpaper engine is disabled in the beginning, then enabled to demonstrate the issue. I can't set the laptop to a compatible refresh rate with the phone capture, but you can still see the issue pretty clearly)

Main PC specs
i7-5820K
2080 super
64GB 2400Mhz
Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz IPS
Dell 60Hz IPS (secondary)

I have this issue with wallpaper engine. With the app open, I experience consistent micro stutters, noticeable when moving windows around the desktop and screen tearing when watching videos on youtube, like if vsync was disabled in a game. Below are the steps I've taken to resolve the issue.

1. Pause wallpaper engine (fixes the problem immediately and then restarts when upaused)
2. Close wallpaper engine (fixes the problem but the problem reappears when starting wallpaper engine again)
3. Open wallpaper engine in all other modes, including 64 bit mode and with hardware UI disabled (no change)
4. Re-install wallpaper engine and reset all preferences (no change)
5. Unhook secondary monitor (no change)
6. Try different refresh rates such as 120Hz, 144hz, 165hz, and 60hz. (no change)
7. Installing wallpaper engine on laptop and try every previous step (laptop has the same issue. It's a mid-2019 15" 144Hz Razer Blade)
Edit: Forgot to add a couple of things I've tried.
8. Making sure all GPU drivers are up to date. (no change, and the laptop uses integrated graphics when not in game so I doubt it's an Nvidia problem)
9. I have also tried multiple backgrounds (no change)

I just can't figure out why wallpaper engine is causing this horrible microstutter. I have looked online and don't see a whole lot of people complaining about the same thing, but now that I can see my laptop having the same issue I feel like it's very unlikely the problem is just on my end here. Does anyone have any suggestions of more things I can try? I am okay with just uninstalling the software but I'd like to explore every option first.