Best low profile /mini itx?

Juggern0ttt
Go to solution Solved by ObsidianAura,
15 minutes ago, Juggern0ttt said:

I've got an x52 I'll have to check the case specs, not sure a 240 will fit in there. Was kinda wanting to move to air though. 

Surprising amount of clearance on the H200 (165mm) I thought it was supposed to be small. The Noctua NH-D15 is 165mm exactly... 

Feeling brave? Would need a lot of researching.

image.png

Looking to move to the nzxt h200i case, running a r7 1700x. Looking for suggestions on the best cooler for oc'ing, not super worried about acoustics. Thanks in advance guys! 

5 minutes ago, Juggern0ttt said:

Looking to move to the nzxt h200i case, running a r7 1700x. Looking for suggestions on the best cooler for oc'ing, not super worried about acoustics. Thanks in advance guys! 

In a small case like that it might be best to go with an AIW cooler? NZXT have the Kraken range, chances are they designed the case with those coolers in mind.

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

14 minutes ago, ObsidianAura said:

In a small case like that it might be best to go with an AIW cooler? NZXT have the Kraken range, chances are they designed the case with those coolers in mind.

I've got an x52 I'll have to check the case specs, not sure a 240 will fit in there. Was kinda wanting to move to air though. 

15 minutes ago, Juggern0ttt said:

Surprising amount of clearance on the H200 (165mm) I thought it was supposed to be small. The Noctua NH-D15 is 165mm exactly... 

Feeling brave? Would need a lot of researching.

image.png

I'm an IT System Admin with 15+ years worth of XP, plus I've been tinkering computers since I was old enough to hold a screwdriver, so I usually know what I'm talking about.

Looks like someones done it on this forum. I'd do it that way if i were you. Looks really nice.

10 minutes ago, ObsidianAura said:

Looks like someones done it on this forum. I'd do it that way if i were you. Looks really nice.

Nice, awesome checking. I was just looking into its demensions and it looks to fit the x52 as well. So the options are pretty open. Thanks for spit balling with me ?

6 minutes ago, Juggern0ttt said:

Nice, awesome checking. I was just looking into its demensions and it looks to fit the x52 as well. So the options are pretty open. Thanks for spit balling with me ?

My pleasure, I used to have an NZXT manta and run a kraken 62 and 61 on the CPU and GPU respectively. Now I run a very hot i7-8750H/RTX 2070 laptop.

You could try cooling your GPU with their adapter for your kraken cooler maybe? Although the idea of pulling air through a warm radiator and then sending it over your CPUs heatsink is a bit offputting.