Front panel led lights that seemed dead for a year light up for just a minute before going dead again

thankarezos

I have a gt pc case with 4 red front lights and a light on front fan for about a year and a half. Half a year of use they went dead, I didnt care that much cause they are just lights and i though they were burned or something beccause the one of 4 is still outputing some light (not full) and the fan is fine too. Today though they lit again for about a minute with some periodicly flickering and then went dead again. In that state I am concered about the health of the computer

Im assuming you have already checked the cables to make sure they are properly installed?

I wouldnt worry about the health of your pc if its just a bad led. but you could always just replace them or remove them.

Just now, RonnieOP said:

Im assuming you have already checked the cables to make sure they are properly installed?

Yes i checked

1 minute ago, RonnieOP said:

I wouldnt worry about the health of your pc if its just a bad led. but you could always just replace them or remove them.

Not just a bad led. 4 seperate ones

Just now, thankarezos said:

Yes i checked

Not just a bad led. 4 seperate ones

What kind of leds are we talking? Are they all connected via the same cable?

normal leds, yes they are connected with the same cable

no the fan is fine. but there are 4 leds in each corner if the front panel. they are single leds

Well, if there is nothing wrong with my pc health i'll just leave them as they are. Thanx. If everything is fine for a year I guess that wont change

I have an air purifier that beeps when you press touch buttons on it. Suddenly it stopped beeping on touch press actions. Checked the beeper inside and it looked fine, same the PCB for it. 2 years later, it decides to work again. Sometimes electronics are weird lol. My best guess would be issues with front panel cables or connectors. Or possibly motherboard. Relatively unlikely scenario would be some controls in BIOS that turn off front panel LED's, but I don't think I've seen that on any board...