CX430 or VS450

Hey guy! 

I was wondering that is Corsair cx430 is good or Corsair vs450 is good for my system?

I5 6600

H110ms2

8gb 2133

1060 6gb

1tb HDD

Actually I'm tight on budget and these two are available for cheap used condition.

There's Artis vip500W gold available too but I don't think that's a trusted one!

Thank you! BTW I'm a bot ?

Just now, NZgamer said:

The CX430 is a better unit.

What's this supposed to mean? (I know what bots are, but why are you adding this to the end? Are you really a bot?)

So I should grab the CX430? Right? And I was just kidding bro!!

9 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Yeah, grab a CX430, maybe you might want to find a higher wattage one but 430 watts will do.

I've used the wattage calculator and it shows 400W is recommended.

2 hours ago, Shark. . . said:

I was wondering that is Corsair cx430 is good or Corsair vs450 is good for my system?

If this is old VS (yellow label) then CX are better, but this CX are very old too, group regulated, if you absolutely can't buy anything else it would be okay but i strongly recommend to get smth better and new, buying an used PSU is never a good idea. It's not about wattage, this system would be completely fine with 400W PSU assumig it's good. Where are you from and what's your budget ?

32 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

I'd highly recommend a higher wattage power supply like a 550 watt or 600 watt. You will have better efficiency and a longer life supply... a 430 watt will be running harder as it could reach over 400 watts.

This doesn't work like that.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

12 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

Explanation please? It's always been recommended that you don't buy a PSU close to the system's wattage. 430 watts is quite low too, so if OP is going to upgrade, the extra headroom is good.

If PSU have some wattage rating for continuous output then it would work reliably in these limits assuming you also follow thermal limits it were rated for. And it will be fine for at least warranty period of this particular unit, because manufacturer expect it to stand if they don't want to lose money on mass RMA. So if your gaming PC draws just about 300W of power in peak, instead of buying 650\750W PSU with dubious quality and performance, get better 450\550W PSU. Having said that, both of these PSUs are very outdated, group regulated, lacking protections, low voltage regulation and ripple supression performance especially regarding crossloads, so i can't recommend them for modern PC regardless of it's power draw, especially if it has dGPU.

1 hour ago, NZgamer said:

It's always been recommended that you don't buy a PSU close to the system's wattage.

This also could stem from older group regulated PSUs which couldn't output 100% rated power at 12V rail, good modern PSUs (double-forward\ACRF\LLC resonant + DC-DC) can output even 20-40% more than what they're rated for before shutting down (so what i said above stands only for modern ones), usually to accommodate for transient peak power draw high-end GPUs have. So generally, if you use modern PSU (again neither of those units OP mentioned are modern), picking a PSU with wattage close to what your system would consume are completely fine per se. But again, wattage are secondary consideration, primary are it's performance and quality.