Gpu question for a friend

xven

So i have a friend building a full gaming system and he is ordering his parts later next week, he wants to fully water cool the system ( cpu and gpu ) he is getting a 2080 ti and he is looking at the evga 2080 ti ftw3 ultra gaming at about 1749$ cad. 

Here is the question ... wouldnt it be cheaper to get a 2080 ti that comes already preinstalled with a full waterblock ? would save him to pay for the ekwb one and why would he pay for a cooler on the ftw3 if he plans to take it out anyway. My idea would of been to get something like this https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-2489-KR instead. 

Does my way of thinking makes any sense ?

Perhaps, a gpu waterblock is going to be 200ish extra, if he is going straight water cooling then yes it will be more cost effective...ALSO, its going to be easier/safer, he will no longer have to remove/install the air cooler and avoid any warranty mis-haps with potential damage from removing the air cooler/installing the block. If i was buying to do straight water cooling...unless the cost of an air cooler 2080ti was EXTREMELY less than just buying one with a block. I would skip the step....However also, You might lose some resale value down the road if you dont have a stock air cooler...its not a straight forward question to anwser. 

1 minute ago, maverick_brent said:

Perhaps, a gpu waterblock is going to be 200ish extra, if he is going straight water cooling then yes it will be more cost effective...ALSO, its going to be easier/safer, he will no longer have to remove/install the air cooler and avoid any warranty mis-haps with potential damage from removing the air cooler/installing the block. If i was buying to do straight water cooling...unless the cost of an air cooler 2080ti was EXTREMELY less than just buying one with a block. I would skip the step....However also, You might lose some resale value down the road if you dont have a stock air cooler...its not a straight forward question to anwser. 

He does exactly as i do ... run the pc 2 years or 3 tops then give it to a family member. So resell value aint much of a issue here.

Any other good 2080ti with a already installed waterblock i shoud look into ?

1 minute ago, xven said:

He does exactly as i do ... run the pc 2 years or 3 tops then give it to a family member. So resell value aint much of a issue here.

Any other good 2080ti with a already installed waterblock i shoud look into ?

If hes not reselling and just gifting the pc away after awhile, then just go with one that is already blocked. I dont think you will get any huge differences between the pre-installed blocked cards. so go with the brand with the best warranty/preference and enjoy!

Just now, maverick_brent said:

If hes not reselling and just gifting the pc away after awhile, then just go with one that is already blocked. I dont think you will get any huge differences between the pre-installed blocked cards. so go with the brand with the best warranty/preference and enjoy!

Thx! 

So i will go with the esthetics of the card