can dongles be used woth rtx 2060 usb type c to connect more than one monitor?

Ryzenuser19

can type c on a rtx 2060 be used to connect 3 screens to one single port via a dongle or adapter i mean its better han using active adapters or buying uneeded passive ones to go from hdmi to display port id much rather some kinda usb c hub that has 3 hdmi ports and take that route. also curious if the usb c port functions as an actual usb port also or just display output.

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

2x MSI RX580 Gaming X 8GB

RAM

channel 1 Corsair Vengence LPX  DDR4 2133MHz 2x4GB

channel 2 Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3000MHz 2x4GB

Cooler

AMD Wraith Max RGB Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Acer XZ350CU 35" 21:9 Ultrawide

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Logitech 203 Prodigy Wired

Keyboard

Logitech 213 Prodigy Wired

1 hour ago, Ryzenuser19 said:

can type c on a rtx 2060 be used to connect 3 screens to one single port via a dongle or adapter i mean its better han using active adapters or buying uneeded passive ones to go from hdmi to display port id much rather some kinda usb c hub that has 3 hdmi ports and take that route. also curious if the usb c port functions as an actual usb port also or just display output.

Do you want the monitors to mirror or to be a continuous desktop?  I don’t know if they will even mirror, but it’s more likely than doing continuous desktop.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

12 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Do you want the monitors to mirror or to be a continuous desktop?  I don’t know if they will even mirror, but it’s more likely than doing continuous desktop.

i mean i was hoping this https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-USB-HDMI-Multi-Monitor-Adapter-Black/dp/B07667D37V?th=1

would let me use all 3 monitors using a single adapter and hdmi and i want a surround setup. because iv noticed when people and personally use active adapters the colours can get messed up on 3 of the same screen even when they all use the exact same pannel and they are all calibrated. i even went as far as to test with other monitors with people i met on facebook and the 3 active adapters i have from vga to display port, and 2x hdmi to display port and 1 of each vga/hdmi to dvi all active even show up as monitors with a 1024x768 native rez without any actual monitors connected to them. so id rather have 3 monitors without unsynced colours use this card at all.

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

RAM

Cooler

AMD Wraith Max RGB Cooler

Case

CiT Seven

Storage Internal Only.

SSD  Crucial BX500 120GB

HDD Segate ST2000L 2TB

Monitor/s         

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Acer XZ350CU 35" 21:9 Ultrawide

LG UltraWide 25UM58

Mouse

Logitech 203 Prodigy Wired

Keyboard

Logitech 213 Prodigy Wired

1 minute ago, Ryzenuser19 said:

i mean i was hoping this https://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-com-USB-HDMI-Multi-Monitor-Adapter-Black/dp/B07667D37V?th=1

would let me use all 3 monitors using a single adapter and hdmi and i want a surround setup. because iv noticed when people and personally use active adapters the colours can get messed up on 3 of the same screen even when they all use the exact same pannel and they are all calibrated. i even went as far as to test with other monitors with people i met on facebook and the 3 active adapters i have from vga to display port, and 2x hdmi to display port and 1 of each vga/hdmi to dvi all active even show up as monitors with a 1024x768 native rez without any actual monitors connected to them. so id rather have 3 monitors without synced colours use this card at all.

So continuous desktop.  Seems unlikely to me. Doesn’t mean it’s impossible I guess.  It might be different from card model to card model as well, especially for lower cost non reference designs.  I have no information though.  Looking at the add the word “splitter” implies but does not explicitly say mirroroing.  I’d try to find a review of the thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

you do realise u can use mirroring with any adapter  just set the displays in nvida control panel or  windows setting or in radeon to mirror displays.

i simply want my gpu to recognise all 3 of my monitors using a single adapter using a thunderbolt 3 adapter. the type c on a rtx card is thunderbolt 3 usb c which means it should be able to carry more than just 3 screens at once but i havent seen anyone confirm this and ive only just got 2 of my screens colour calibrated today and i had to switch to my r9 280x since they just wouldnt use the colour profile which i need for contrast to be correct after matching the white balance on them with a hdmi to dp adapter so my whole issue to to avoid my nvidia surround setup having 3 miss matched white ballance. since that tends to be the actual issue some cause a warmer 5000k where they iirc they should be 7600 across the board with how i set them up.

specs in spoiler.

Spoiler

Motherboard

Asrock A320M

CPU 

Ryzen 5 2600X 

GPU/s

RAM

Cooler