Realtek HD Audio Manager Missing

AtlasTabulae

Ok, this is going to be a weird one.

I have a somewhat new build, couple of months now.

Gigabyte Z390 UD 1.0 mobo paired with a stock 9700k and Windows 10 Pro (18363.657).

This is the first time I have ever seen a Gigabyte motherboard using Realtek audio, but for some reason not having Realtek HD Audio Manager.

I've tried updating the driver, using Windows Update, using the specific driver on the Gigabyte site, and even downloading the driver directly from Realtek... nothing.

This board is definitely using Realtek, and SHOULD have the Realtek software, but for whatever reason I don't seem to be able to add it in any obvious, consumer-friendly way.

Does anyone know what's going wrong, and what I can do to get the Realtek HD Audio Manager or another program that allows level or volume control of the Line In on here?

rtkdriver.png

go to control panel then to sound and tell me if any audio device pops up.

Main Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 5600x  Motherboard: Msi b450 gaming plus max  RAM: 32gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3200mhz ram  GPU: Nvidia rtx 2070 SUPER 8gb Case:  cooler master td500   PSU: corsair 750watt bronze80+  Cooling: Kraken x53 aio Storagewdblack snd750,3tb wd blue hdd

2nd Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3  RAM: 16gb 3000mhz gskill Aegis  GPU: Nvidia gtx 1650super 4gb  Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB311L ARGB Airflow PSU: corsair cx 550watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Vetroo V5 CPU Air Cooler Storage: adata su635 240gb ssd, seagate 750gb 7200rpm hdd

3rd pc CPU: i7 2600 Motherboard: asus H61M-E  RAM: 16 gb ddr3 1333mhz GPU: nvidia gtx 1060 3gb Case: thermaltake versa h18 PSU: evga 450watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Cooler Master I70C (Copper Core) Mini CPU Cooler Storage: crucial mx 500 500gb ssd, wd blue 1tb 7200rpm hdd 

3 hours ago, Dancam38 said:

go to control panel then to sound and tell me if any audio device pops up.

There's planty of playback devices; my monitors, and speaker outputs etc.

rtkdriver.png

On 2/28/2020 at 5:03 PM, AtlasTabulae said:

There's planty of playback devices; my monitors, and speaker outputs etc.

rtkdriver.png

when is the last time you performed a bios update.

Main Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 5600x  Motherboard: Msi b450 gaming plus max  RAM: 32gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3200mhz ram  GPU: Nvidia rtx 2070 SUPER 8gb Case:  cooler master td500   PSU: corsair 750watt bronze80+  Cooling: Kraken x53 aio Storagewdblack snd750,3tb wd blue hdd

2nd Pc: CPU: ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3  RAM: 16gb 3000mhz gskill Aegis  GPU: Nvidia gtx 1650super 4gb  Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB311L ARGB Airflow PSU: corsair cx 550watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Vetroo V5 CPU Air Cooler Storage: adata su635 240gb ssd, seagate 750gb 7200rpm hdd

3rd pc CPU: i7 2600 Motherboard: asus H61M-E  RAM: 16 gb ddr3 1333mhz GPU: nvidia gtx 1060 3gb Case: thermaltake versa h18 PSU: evga 450watt 80+ bronze Cooling: Cooler Master I70C (Copper Core) Mini CPU Cooler Storage: crucial mx 500 500gb ssd, wd blue 1tb 7200rpm hdd 

On 3/2/2020 at 8:25 PM, Dancam38 said:

when is the last time you performed a bios update.

Never, still running on what it came on out of the box (F8 (05/24/2019)).

Hi AtlasTabulae,

It looks like you're using Windows 10 Build 1909, being the latest build, support for Windows Update handling of drivers has been improved. Have you attempted to run Windows Update and allow it to check for the most recent drivers. Windows Update supports Realtek driver installations. Update with any feedback after checking.

Regards,

Jordan Bell

Forensic Cybersecurity Analyst (6YR Experience)

GSN Global (GSN UK)

--------------------------------

Any advice given is purely independent of GSN Global and its affiliates, we can't be held accountable for actions you may take on your software/hardware under our advisement. Please visit GSN UK online for more information about SLA-based services we provide.

1 hour ago, GSN said:

Hi AtlasTabulae,

It looks like you're using Windows 10 Build 1909, being the latest build, support for Windows Update handling of drivers has been improved. Have you attempted to run Windows Update and allow it to check for the most recent drivers. Windows Update supports Realtek driver installations. Update with any feedback after checking.

Regards,

All drivers are up to date and on the latest versions, at least according to Windows Update and Device Manager.

I've also tried using Driver Booster (third-party driver finder/installer) which hasn't been able to find anything.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Have you found a solution to this?  Searching everywhere.  Just upgraded to a new mobo ASUS Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming and also in the process installed W10 1909.  After installing Realtek drivers, there is still no Realtek audio manager.  The only thing I get is a Realtek console app that when opening says it is not compatible.

I noticed that your sound settings also say the same as mine "Realtek(R) Audio" when I think they used to say something like Realtek High Definition Audio or similar.  I think something with this latest driver is incompatible with Windows 1909 and is causing the manager to not install (which I think is also causing my mic to have issues).

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 4:50 AM, Scottc816 said:

Hi,

Have you found a solution to this?  Searching everywhere.  Just upgraded to a new mobo ASUS Rog Strix Z390-E Gaming and also in the process installed W10 1909.  After installing Realtek drivers, there is still no Realtek audio manager.  The only thing I get is a Realtek console app that when opening says it is not compatible.

I noticed that your sound settings also say the same as mine "Realtek(R) Audio" when I think they used to say something like Realtek High Definition Audio or similar.  I think something with this latest driver is incompatible with Windows 1909 and is causing the manager to not install (which I think is also causing my mic to have issues).

Sorry no.

Still try every now and then to get it back, but I'm getting to the point where I may just order a third-party soundcard so I can actually control my audio channels again.

Throughout my searches I haven't found anyone say anything about incompatibilities with Windows itself, and when I checked with a friend they still have the manager on their machine (also 1909) but they had it installed from a windows 7 upgrade to 10 so not sure.

I have mainly found recent posts from other users of Z390 variants. I don't know how likely this is but I guess it is possible that the audio controller built into these boards specifically isn't actually supported by the software, so isn't available.