Will it fit?

GeorgeT123

Hey guys. I'm not sure if I should post this here or the GPU thread. I wanted to ask if a R9 280x toxic(three fans) will fit with the way I have put the cables in my motherboard. And in general will a two fan GPU fit well and easily? Thanks in advance.

15823616955147837210353771137737.jpg

15823617804642389571359728081054.jpg

15823621499145218447112580867141.jpg

what cables are we talking about?

also i know this wasnt a part of the question, but i would reccomend giving your PC a quick de-dust, looks like its building up a little bit

25 minutes ago, idwt said:

what cables are we talking about?

also i know this wasnt a part of the question, but i would reccomend giving your PC a quick de-dust, looks like its building up a little bit

Firstly, i can't escape the dust however much I clean it so I clean it every few months.

Secondly, the cables I'm worried about are the USB 3.0 and the USB 2.0 and the SATA PORTS .

Just now, GeorgeT123 said:

Firstly, i can't escape the dust however much I clean it so I clean it every few months.

Secondly, the cables I'm worried about are the USB 3.0 and the USB 2.0 and the SATA PORTS .

usb 3.0 and 2.0 are fine because they are above the PCIE slot.

and im not sure on SATA, but i cannot see why they would build a board that cant fit a "full size" graphics card, 

You're fine m8. 

The length of the case is usually the limit. I don't know which case it is and don't see the full length in the pics but that should also be fine. 

It's an old card though and you might wanna get something like an Rx 5500 XT or so instead. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

3 minutes ago, GeorgeT123 said:

having a little look i think the SATA ports will be fine, my GPU sits over an inch away from my motherboard.

and looking at it the SATA ports sit out around the same height/width as the PCIE slot, and you often get a few extra mm where the GPU plugs in,

im 99% sure you will be fine

7 minutes ago, GeorgeT123 said:

i can't escape the dust however much I clean it so I clean it every few months.

do you have negitive pressure in your case? might be causing all the dust

Ok thank you very much for your replies! It really helped me out!

Ok thank you very much for your replies! It really helped me out!

no problem :) have a good day/night

Just now, idwt said:

do you have negitive pressure in your case? might be causing all the dust

It's that the case doesn't have the best dust filtration and that the spot I have my PC at has a lot of dust build up. But I don't really have any other place to put it that it could help.

It's that the case doesn't have the best dust filtration and that the spot I have my PC at has a lot of dust build up. But I don't really have any other place to put it that it could help.

ahhh okay, its just that negitive pressure in a case is a pretty common mistake