Ryzen Master shows wrong temps?

I noticed that Ryzen Master shows the idle temps for my 3600 in the mid 30C range, whereas according to other tools such as HWMonitor, my CPU idles at 40-50 degrees Celcius. Which tool is correct? 

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Ryzen Master. It takes into account the 20°C offset baked into Ryzen CPUs because reasons.

Unless they removed it for the 3000 series, but then Ryzen Master should know?

Which sensor are you looking at?  In HWInfo it's T/Die.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

1 hour ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Ryzen Master. It takes into account the 20°C offset baked into Ryzen CPUs because reasons.

Unless they removed it for the 3000 series, but then Ryzen Master should know?

What is this 20C offeset?

7 hours ago, Cs342 said:

What is this 20C offeset?

Ryzen CPUs report their measured temp +20°C to motherboards, so motherboard-controlled fans, pumps, etc act based on the reported number. Why they did that, instead of letting everyone tune their controls to actual temps, is unknown to me. But the 20°C offset is officially acknowledged. Some programs factor that in, others report the "adjusted" number as if it was the true one.

15 hours ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

Ryzen CPUs report their measured temp +20°C to motherboards, so motherboard-controlled fans, pumps, etc act based on the reported number. Why they did that, instead of letting everyone tune their controls to actual temps, is unknown to me. But the 20°C offset is officially acknowledged. Some programs factor that in, others report the "adjusted" number as if it was the true one.

No wonder my fans spins like crazy even when idle. They must be responding to the +20C temp...

• 2 months later...
On 2/19/2020 at 3:17 PM, SpaceGhostC2C said:

This is why  Aida and Asus software showing around 20 degrees less in my case ?!.... It make sense - actually have noticed my idle bios temps are around 30C not 50 C

I did Aida stability stress test for 30 minutes and temp were sround 62 C - however  Ryzen Master was oscillating in 80 and 90  - surely 90C for 30 minutes for overclocked 2600X would cause some instability...

Capture.PNG