So I built a PC for my girlfriend. 
- Ryzen 7 2700x

- Asus ROG Strix B450-F

- 16gb Trident Z RGB 3000mhz (2x8gb)

- MSI GTX 1650 Super Gaming X

- Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250gb NVMe

- Seagate Barracuda 2tb HDD

- EVGA BQ 500W

I got all the parts, tested it, confirmed it all worked before installing windows, and a few games to make sure everything was running properly before doing some light overclocking to the graphics card. I surprised her with it and shipped it off to her place (she lives in another state). I uninstalled the graphics card to make sure the PCI-E slot gets damaged in shipping and used the box and packing foam the case came in as the main packaging. 

Now this is where things get weird. She receives the PC and installs the GPU and tries to boot up the PC. Nothing happens. After trying to reinstall it multiple times it still doesn't work. She had an old GT 610 laying around and she tried that to get it to boot. Still nothing until she tries it with only one stick of RAM. Now it boots to windows just fine. So she tried the 1650 super again. And again nothing. At this point it seems like a dead graphics card, so she sends it back to me to see if I can get it to work (along with both of the sticks of RAM). I receive the parts and everything works as expected in both the PCs I have here. I ship them back to her again and today she tries again to get it all to work. Same as before, the system will not work with both sticks of RAM, or with the 1650 super. It only seems to work when the GT 610 is installed with 8GB of RAM. 

I'm at a loss as to what's going on here since the GPU and RAM both work in other systems, and the PCI-E slot works with a different GPU so dead hardware doesn't seem to be the issue here. Just hardware that doesn't want to play nice with one another. Yes the motherboard BIOS was updated before shipping as well. And before I shipped the GPU back I flashed the BIOS on the card just to make sure. If anyone has any idea on whats happening or how to fix this, please let me know.

its a fucking ghost thats all i can say that shit haunted as hell

pc specs:

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CGMcL9

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($180.00) 
CPU Cooler: be quiet! Pure Rock Slim 2 CPU Cooler  ($20.00) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($70.00) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($80.00) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  ($80.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN570 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($90.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Blue 6 TB 3.5" 5400 RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($110.00) 
Video Card: PowerColor Hellhound Radeon RX 6600 XT 8 GB Video Card  ($400.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($100.00) 

Total: $1229.99

4 hours ago, Soumrak said:

So I built a PC for my girlfriend.

Did you tried clearing cmos?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

4 minutes ago, Whiro said:

Did you tried clearing cmos?

Yup

4 minutes ago, Soumrak said:

Yup

You saying that it’ll boot and run with one stick of ram, did you tested both of them same way?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Either stick of RAM will boot the system, but only if one is installed in any slot.
But it will only boot with the GT 610, and not the GTX 1650 Super

Sending a desktop computer in the post makes me a little uncomfortable (asking for trouble), but I don't think that's the problem here.

Did your girlfriend try different powerpoints when testing all the parts together?  Is she using a powerboard and/or UPS?

Has she tested all the combinations of DIMMs to memory slots?  (i.e. DIMM #1 in slot 1 & 2 and DIMM #2 in slot 1 & 2)

Replugging all power supply cables?

Reseating CPU & cooler?

GPU in different PCIe slots?

Making sure the PCIe power connectors are not connected to the CPU EPS connectors and vice versa?

Other than that I can't understand why a computer would function differently depending on it's physical location.  The only different variable I can think of is power supply related and quality of power delivered.

Hope you find this useful and manage to work out what the problem is  :)

8 hours ago, Tad Bittoomuch said:

Sending a desktop computer in the post makes me a little uncomfortable (asking for trouble), but I don't think that's the problem here.

Did your girlfriend try different powerpoints when testing all the parts together?  Is she using a powerboard and/or UPS?

Has she tested all the combinations of DIMMs to memory slots?  (i.e. DIMM #1 in slot 1 & 2 and DIMM #2 in slot 1 & 2)

Replugging all power supply cables?

Reseating CPU & cooler?

GPU in different PCIe slots?

Making sure the PCIe power connectors are not connected to the CPU EPS connectors and vice versa?

Other than that I can't understand why a computer would function differently depending on it's physical location.  The only different variable I can think of is power supply related and quality of power delivered.

Hope you find this useful and manage to work out what the problem is  :)

Different PCIe slots were tried.

She tried reseating all the cables.

The correct power supply cables are in the correct spots.

Many RAM configurations were tried, not sure what exactly, but so far as I know only 1 stick in any slot will work as of right now.

The CPU and cooler were not reseated, but she told me shes not comfortable with doing that. But again, the system seems to work just fine with the GT 610 installed.

There is no UPS or powerboard being used. We did get a reply somewhere else that the issue could just be dirty power so we were going to try a UPS as our next resort.