Windows 10 Clean Install

Wraithsiege

So i just did a clean install of windows 10 cause i got a new ssd(the os is installed on another drive). After the install i noticed that whenever i click the left mouse and drag(highlight) the colour will be red instead of blue which really confused me since i changed that colour in registry so it would match with the wallpaper year ago and did a clean install of windows today and im 100% sure i formatted everything and deleted all of the recovery and other partitions. Also after installing radeon adrenaline and tweaked my gpu i noticed that there was an xml file of my old settings before i reinstalled windows. However apart from these two things everything was fresh. Taskbar settings, Control panel settings, even windows indexing was still running despite being stopped on my previous windwos install. So my question is how the colour of the highlight was still the same after the reinstall and whats about the xml file. Yes i am 100% sure i wiped every drive

If you linked your microsoft account to Windows 10 on the old drive then it problabaly saved your preferences and applied them when you linked your Microsoft account on the new drive. 

Mesh Devil

AMD Ryzen 3600 | MSI b450 Tomohawk MAX G.Skill Ripjaws 2x8 3200mhz

Powercolor Red Devil RX 5700 xt

Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB

Corsair RM650x

Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered Glass

Yup, Theme configurations are sync with your account (unless specified otherwise: Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings).

It applies to any system you use your Microsoft linked account. So your laptop will match your desktop, helping you (with Microsoft other services such as OneDrive, Your Phone (view/interact/reply to SMS/notifications/phone calls from your PC),  Clipboard Sync, Timeline, and others) treat your secondary devices be an extension of each other.