My new build.

Exxo27

I want to first explain of what I will be using this system for.

First thing is gaming I play a ton of MMO's and FPS games, now I will also be using this system for an overclocking system and wanting to see how much I can push out of it, thirdly I will be doing a lot of video editing with this system.

Also one other little not this will be a multi-stage build over the next year.

Case; Corsair Carbide 540 Air

Motherboard; ASUS ROG Maximus VI Extreme

Starting Graphics Card; ASUS GTX760 Direct CUII

Memory; Vengeance 16gb @ 1600Mhz

Power supply; EVGA Supernova 650 Gold Modular 

Processor; 4770k i7

Primary SDD; Kingston HyperX 3k/ 6Gbs 240gb

Secondary HDD 3tb 7200RPM 6gbs Toshiba

Cooling; NZXT Kraken X60 closed water cooling

Stage Two Plans(summer)

Adding 3 More Kingston HyperX SSD's

Adding 1 More Toshiba 3tb HHD

Using the 760 as a physics card

Adding 2 ASUS GTX780 GPU's

Adding 16Gb more Vengeance Ram

Peripherals

Logitech G600 mouse

Logitech G510s Keyboard

Razer Vespula Mouse Pad

Logitech G930 Headset

Logitech G13 Gamingpad

Logitech 960 HD Pro Webcam

Hauppauge HD Gaming Edition PVR

This is my build I am currently in the middle of collecting my parts for I am going this weekend to grab my motherboard and processor and over the coming weeks I will be picking up all of my pieces for stage one. and over the coming month I will be piecing together stage two. I do want thoughts and opinions. Also I am planning on building my own custom closed loop cooling system for the first time in stage 3 if anyone has thoughts opinions or anything please let me know. I am also looking to put a great sound card in and I love ASUS if that's not made clear with my parts I am building this with but I am looking for advice from the community on some of this. and If anyone has suggestions of anything please let me know I want this to be a massive build and work for everything I do so if anyone has experience with anything I don't or maybe just a different experience or opinion please let me know.

Also I will be posting pictures of the build through out the progress.

uh oh... too much to read

i think you should get either the hero or formula not worth the extra price tag for the extreme rog version, also gigabyte and msi have boards that perform on par with that board and you could probably buy a gtx 770 or a 780/ R9 280x or a R9 290 with the extra money saved from buying a cheaper board

16GB is okay I guess if you're like me running 10+ chrome tabs (i have 4GB :()
Everything is fine but please buy yourself a cheaper board so you have a bit more money for a better graphics card

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Hmm, maybe a bigger PSU might be ok from the start, you'd probably push about 700W maximum fully built, also why buy such an expensive graphics card only to replace it later on?

Looks good, and seems interesting considering you'll have 3 graphics cards in there when summer comes along. I would definitely get a bigger PSU though if you're going to use 3 graphics cards.

I saw 760 as a phyxs card and kinda went what?!?!? not a good plan just get a single 780 for now and SLI later if you are just going to do that with the 760 

Hmm, maybe a bigger PSU might be ok from the start, you'd probably push about 700W maximum fully built, also why buy such an expensive graphics card only to replace it later on?

Ya I though of that I picked the 650 cheap im looking at going to a 1000+ soon after

I saw 760 as a phyxs card and kinda went what?!?!? not a good plan just get a single 780 for now and SLI later if you are just going to do that with the 760 

Alright well ill move some stuff around being that i thought about that myself I was mainly concerned about my 650 running one

I would definitely get a bigger PSU, even my 700w PSU would be a tight squeeze with SLI, I'd probably go with an 850w to be safe. Also don't bother with using the 760 as a physx card, it doesn't yield any performance boost, if you wanna keep it then sure, but it won't give you any more performance.

CPU Intel i7-6700k | Motherboard ASUS Maximus Hero VIII | GPU MSI GTX 970 | RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000Mhz | Cooling Noctua NH-D15 | Storage 240GB Crucial M500; 2TB Seagate Barracuda | PSU EVGA 850w | Case Phatek Enthoo Pro M Acrylic

Ya I though of that I picked the 650 cheap im looking at going to a 1000+ soon after

Get an Enermax Revolution 87+ I love mine, best PSU Ive ever had.

Alright well ill move some stuff around being that i thought about that myself I was mainly concerned about my 650 running one

You will barely be able to do SLI 780's with a 650w and overclocking most likely I would upgrade that if you do plan to

Get an Enermax Revolution 87+ I love mine, best PSU Ive ever had.

Im going to look into that

When I drop down to the i5 and use the formula which I do like I get with in my starting budget this is also swapping out the 760 for an evga 780 SC edition. right now I am looking at either the carbide case or a c70 case havent fully decided yet

But on the topic of my PSU I tend to use between a 850-1000 but i picked up the 650 quite cheap around 60 dollars new

Nononononono don't do that even with like a Titan in there you wouldn't reach 600. I peaked out at 500 watts with a 7970 overclocked to 1250 MHz with a 4670k that was at 4 Ghz before my h100 leaked

If you are going sli the max you might use is 700

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Nononononono don't do that even with like a Titan in there you wouldn't reach 600. I peaked out at 500 watts with a 7970 overclocked to 1250 MHz with a 4670k that was at 4 Ghz before my h100 leaked If you are going sli the max you might use is 700

would an 850 gold be suitable 

would an 850 gold be suitable 

Completely suitable

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/