Durable mousepad recommendation

IAmAndre

Hi,

I purchased this mousepad less than a year ago because of all the positive reviews I saw but it already looks very old and used. Do you have any recommendations of durable mousepads that can be used for a long time without any signs of wear, and preferably large enough. I also want it to be in a non-reflective material so that mouse won't go crazy.

I don't have a budget in mind but I'd say $30 at most.

Thank you.

IMG_20200207_142413.jpg

buy a $5 pile of black paper, replace it with a new one when you feel like it.

would last you a decade. ?

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Honestly that's not as much "wear" as you think it is. Mouse pads pick up and retain a ton of skin cells and skin oils, amongst other misc. dirt. Hit it with a bit of detergent, water and a decent mild bush. Just don't throw it in the washing machine. 

1 hour ago, Nirnex said:

Honestly that's not as much "wear" as you think it is. Mouse pads pick up and retain a ton of skin cells and skin oils, amongst other misc. dirt. Hit it with a bit of detergent, water and a decent mild bush. Just don't throw it in the washing machine. 

I'll give it a try tomorrow but I'm not sure if it will work because it looks as if a layer was gone or something.

I'd stick with that pad. I own the same one and love it. its thick and from the looks just dirty. if not buy a full desk one, and just flip it so the dirty part is under the keyboard and cost about 30 or so.

The thing is, they all suck. Cloth ones have best sliding behavior, but the rubber underneath tends to deform over time and it gets wonky and cloth gets dirty. Plastic/teflon ones often lose slight roughness and become smooth which makes the mouse mat have different feeling when mouse passes from worn out segments to those that aren't. And they deform just like cloth ones coz they have some sort of cushion underneath. Metal ones have the same issue as plastic ones and they tend to wear out mouse feet quicker. Plus I don't like their cold feel and they get worn out over time too in terms of getting certain polish over common mouse paths. And I hate it on smooth wood or glass where hand sweat comes under mouse feet and it creates suction, making mouse feel weird as it glides without any resistance and then it brakes as you move it over hand sweat. And that's just the worse while gaming where you need consistent and predictable mouse movement.

In the end I've settled to relatively cheap HyperX cloth based mouse pad that I'll just replace when i sense deformities or changes in mouse movement. Mouse glides in predictable way and is not really affected by sweat. Only thing that really affects it is surface deformation where cloth starts dragging on mouse belly and that creates same inconsistency in movement as suction by sweat on smooth surfaces. I kinda replace it every 1-2 years depending on how annoying it gets.

16 minutes ago, RejZoR said:

The thing is, they all suck. Cloth ones have best sliding behavior, but the rubber underneath tends to deform over time and it gets wonky and cloth gets dirty. Plastic/teflon ones often lose slight roughness and become smooth which makes the mouse mat have different feeling when mouse passes from worn out segments to those that aren't. And they deform just like cloth ones coz they have some sort of cushion underneath. Metal ones have the same issue as plastic ones and they tend to wear out mouse feet quicker. Plus I don't like their cold feel and they get worn out over time too in terms of getting certain polish over common mouse paths. And I hate it on smooth wood or glass where hand sweat comes under mouse feet and it creates suction, making mouse feel weird as it glides without any resistance and then it brakes as you move it over hand sweat. And that's just the worse while gaming where you need consistent and predictable mouse movement.

In the end I've settled to relatively cheap HyperX cloth based mouse pad that I'll just replace when i sense deformities or changes in mouse movement. Mouse glides in predictable way and is not really affected by sweat. Only thing that really affects it is surface deformation where cloth starts dragging on mouse belly and that creates same inconsistency in movement as suction by sweat on smooth surfaces. I kinda replace it every 1-2 years depending on how annoying it gets.

That's what I thought. It's definitely wearing out and not just getting dirty. I'll still try cleaning it but I think I'll need to replace it with something durable that would last at least a year or so.