Finicky wifi

My laptop connects to my home Wi-Fi just fine,  browsing normally,  when suddenly all data transfer stops and it shows "limited connectivity".

Disconnecting and reconnecting immediately to the same Wi-Fi resolves the issue for sometime. 

tried reinstalling windows 7, even bought a new wifi router,  No change.  tried updating the wifi driver, No change.

i have two other laptops on the network and they face no issues,  neither do the multiple smartphones or the smart tv.  Kindly help.

windows 7 eh? old laptop, could be the actuall wifi chip on its last legs, i had a problem like that with my old hp pavilion, woke it up from sleep, limited connection, i fixed this problem by digging around my other laptops i use for parts and replaced the chip, worked fine after that

I see two possible issues:

1. environment.  If somone or something or some other WiFi signal from elsewhere impedes the signal it can drop no matter how good the hardware is

2. there are 3 parts to WiFi internet

1. the net feed to the router

2. the router

3. the receiver

1&2 seem to have been factored out which leaves 3.

need to know then if the hardware in the laptop is having a problem or is simply outdated. Without knowing both the laptop and what hardware is in the laptop not much can be done.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.