Headset/headphones

Piconjis

Hey im getting a new headset for gaming. And Im wondering if I shpuld get dedicated headphones or a surround sound headset. I would use them for competitive and normal gaming (70%/30%) games I play competitlivy are WoW, LoL, SC 2 (titanfall and EOS when they come out) and I sometimes play bf4. I dont have a sound card (my mobo is Asus maximus vi hero) I would like them to be comfortable and have good sound (i dont often listen to music on my PC but when I  do I mostly listen to techno and rap). Thanks :) P.S My budget is 250$ and would be willing to spend more if needed

I use the Corsair Vengeance 2000s, they're not great for music but are really good for gaming. Nice and comfortable. If you want to go USB, I'd recommend the Vengeance 2100s for wireless, or the 1500 for wired. If you want an analog headset then I'd say the 1400s, but I don't know too much about them.

Dedicated headphones and mic are often both cheaper and better, but headsets are obviously more conveinent.

Sennheiser's HD 558 and PC 360 will sound the same. If you choose the headphones, pair it with a Blue Snowflake, or Snowball if you're doing any voice recording.