Zalman Ms800 Plus?

brownninja97

Anyone used this case or the z9 plus or the z11 plus i want to get one of these cases and i wanted to know if anyone has used them> the ms800 is on a £20 discount at the moment  so that why its being compared to the other cases. My max budget for the case is £50

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Anyone used this case or the z9 plus or the z11 plus i want to get one of these cases and i wanted to know if anyone has used them> the ms800 is on a £20 discount at the moment  so that why its being compared to the other cases. My max budget for the case is £50

I had the Zalman Z11 plus and it was the first case I have ever used for my first build. Have to say if you get the right power supply with thing cables like a Corsair PSU then the cable management will work really nicely but unfornately I had very bulky cable and short ones too so cable management was a complete nightmare. For the front intake fan filter it was terrible, the front bezel was scary to take off because it feels like I'm breaking it and the top mounted fans my God I don't know what Zalman was thinking because you have to remove the front bezel then with annoying clips on the inside which is near impossible to find in low light for the top bezel and the top bezel was connected to the front panel headers so it was impossible to work with it. For my personal opinion at first build its not much hassle but when it comes to cleaning its just awful. So in the long run the Zalman Z11 and Z9 (both has the exact same internal layout) isn't recommended. I upgraded mine to a Define R4. Plus the front and bottom intake filters are just fuss to remove and put back on because you have to bend it to get it under plastic clips and the PSU filter, it's barely a filter to me just a plastic square piece with relative large holes.Also again poor airflow when you only got a single intake fan in the front if you have a long PSU and you have no other points of intake.

Like you I was going to upgraded to the MS800 because it seemed like such a big upgrade. It has MUCH better way of accessing the filter, it seems like you don't need to remove the front bezel anymore and for the bottom it all comes out in one filter piece like most cases like from Corsair. BUT I am not sure about the top exhaust as I haven't done a lot of research but based on the pictures and research it seems solid to me and I am not sure about the cable management in the back but it looks like its an improvement. 

My other recommendation I can give (mind me I live in Canada and so I am not sure if they sell in Europe for you and they could be much cheaper for you)

Fractal Design Core 3000 - 56.58 Euros I converted it if it was here in Canada

Probably a Bitfenix Shinobi ATX - 60 Euros

Bitfenix Merc Beta 37.72 Euros

Bitfenix Otulaw 37.72 

Im sorry if its a lot from bitfenix but from you price point they were pretty much the Zalman

If you can stretch your budget maybe a Cooler Master CM storm 67.90

Again these cases are available in Canada not sure about you but I am pretty sure you have much more options. These are the ones I would go for with your budget but anyways good luck! 

I had the Zalman Z11 plus and it was the first case I have ever used for my first build. Have to say if you get the right power supply with thing cables like a Corsair PSU then the cable management will work really nicely but unfornately I had very bulky cable and short ones too so cable management was a complete nightmare. For the front intake fan filter it was terrible, the front bezel was scary to take off because it feels like I'm breaking it and the top mounted fans my God I don't know what Zalman was thinking because you have to remove the front bezel then with annoying clips on the inside which is near impossible to find in low light for the top bezel and the top bezel was connected to the front panel headers so it was impossible to work with it. For my personal opinion at first build its not much hassle but when it comes to cleaning its just awful. So in the long run the Zalman Z11 and Z9 (both has the exact same internal layout) isn't recommended. I upgraded mine to a Define R4. Plus the front and bottom intake filters are just fuss to remove and put back on because you have to bend it to get it under plastic clips and the PSU filter, it's barely a filter to me just a plastic square piece with relative large holes.Also again poor airflow when you only got a single intake fan in the front if you have a long PSU and you have no other points of intake.

Like you I was going to upgraded to the MS800 because it seemed like such a big upgrade. It has MUCH better way of accessing the filter, it seems like you don't need to remove the front bezel anymore and for the bottom it all comes out in one filter piece like most cases like from Corsair. BUT I am not sure about the top exhaust as I haven't done a lot of research but based on the pictures and research it seems solid to me and I am not sure about the cable management in the back but it looks like its an improvement. 

My other recommendation I can give (mind me I live in Canada and so I am not sure if they sell in Europe for you and they could be much cheaper for you)

Fractal Design Core 3000 - 56.58 Euros I converted it if it was here in Canada

Probably a Bitfenix Shinobi ATX - 60 Euros

Bitfenix Merc Beta 37.72 Euros

Bitfenix Otulaw 37.72 

Im sorry if its a lot from bitfenix but from you price point they were pretty much the Zalman

If you can stretch your budget maybe a Cooler Master CM storm 67.90

Again these cases are available in Canada not sure about you but I am pretty sure you have much more options. These are the ones I would go for with your budget but anyways good luck! 

I like the zalman z11 plus case personally,though taking off the top of the case is stressful.the front is easy,one good yank and it's off.

but I would say don't go for the ms 800.

it seems that it has no space on the left side in the back of the case for cable management,at all.

and there is no cable management holes near the psu,at all.

along with that the ms 800 has no front intake which seems like a huge no no for a gaming case.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I like the zalman z11 plus case personally,though taking off the top of the case is stressful.the front is easy,one good yank and it's off.

but I would say don't go for the ms 800.

it seems that it has no space on the left side in the back of the case for cable management,at all.

and there is no cable management holes near the psu,at all.

along with that the ms 800 has no front intake which seems like a huge no no for a gaming case.

I know I had so much hassle with the top and I just gave up and I have a really bulky cable so maybe from my experience I just didn't enjoy it but I did enjoy when I had a 500W PSU with very long and thin cable then it was a breeze but yeah my experience.

Well even if there are no fans in the front, fans aren't that expensive and it's got room for 2x 120mm intake fans with all the front mesh filters so it has more cooling options than the Z11, for example like silverstone AP121 are like 10$ CAD for me and I don't think it would be that much more expensive anywhere else besides Australia. Also the CPU cut out it is larger so more compatibility in my opinion but I will probably agree with you with the holes and the room for cable management it looks razer thin to me so maybe that could be deal breaker.  

I know I had so much hassle with the top and I just gave up and I have a really bulky cable so maybe from my experience I just didn't enjoy it but I did enjoy when I had a 500W PSU with very long and thin cable then it was a breeze but yeah my experience.

Well even if there are no fans in the front, fans aren't that expensive and it's got room for 2x 120mm intake fans with all the front mesh filters so it has more cooling options than the Z11, for example like silverstone AP121 are like 10$ CAD for me and I don't think it would be that much more expensive anywhere else besides Australia. Also the CPU cut out it is larger so more compatibility in my opinion but I will probably agree with you with the holes and the room for cable management it looks razer thin to me so maybe that could be deal breaker.  

the issue isn't that it doesn't include fans,it's that there are no front fan mounts.

I've zip tied a 140mm fan to the 5.25" bay,but the fact that you have no standard fan mounts is depressing,especially in a seemingly gaming/enthusiast oriented case.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552