Advice On 2.0 / 2.1 Speakers For $50 - $100?

Godsmack

Hey everyone,

I have 2.0 JBL Pros (model #401508-001) and I love them because they sound great (good range) and they still work (very old), but I was curious if there is an improvement I could get for $50 - $100 give or take.

I don't know crap about speakers but at this point if these things ever did fail I just buy another pair, I think they are like under $10 bucks online.  If I could get better sound out of something new then i'm all for upgrading.

If you have something that you like, and your budget is that low, I wouldn't really bother. The best you could probably do is some used bookshelves and a Lepai amp.

If you have something that you like, and your budget is that low, I wouldn't really bother. The best you could probably do is some used bookshelves and a Lepai amp.

hmmm, those look a little big, i was curious if there were some other 2.0 / 2.1 desk sized speakers, im not an enthusiast when it comes to speakers, just wandering about something a little better, thank though, maybe in the future i might get some of that stuff

hmmm, those look a little big, i was curious if there were some other 2.0 / 2.1 desk sized speakers, im not an enthusiast when it comes to speakers, just wandering about something a little better, thank though, maybe in the future i might get some of that stuff

There are bookshelves out there that are may 4 inches wide. 

There are bookshelves out there that are may 4 inches wide. 

ohh, alright, i'll have to look around, my only problem is when it comes to speakers i dont know what all the specs mean and which ones are important for what etc etc.  i dont know what the specs are on my speakers right now so it would be like an hour of research that ill do when i get some free time

ohh, alright, i'll have to look around, my only problem is when it comes to speakers i dont know what all the specs mean and which ones are important for what etc etc.  i dont know what the specs are on my speakers right now so it would be like an hour of research that ill do when i get some free time

Specs aren't really important, so just find a respectable brand in the range that you want. Buying used is also an option.