Motherboard bricked after successfully updating bios

2 days ago I decided to update the bios on my Galax b450m mobo. Mostly because it suggested a fan control feature that I really really needed. So I updated it exactly as constructed on the website, the apdate was inside of windows and it said:-

Erasing blocks %100

Updating blocks %100

Verifying blocks %100

it took ~5 mins to end and after it ended I restarted my pc just to be welcomed by no display/post and all ports have no power so I can't use kb/mouse. 

What I tried to fix it is clearing cmos both through shorting the cmos pins and the battery thing, I also stripped the parts out of the case and it still wouldn't boot.

The store I bought the mobo from won't replace it for me so please help me fix it or if it can't be fixed just tell me because im really tired trying to fix it for 2 days ;).

Pc specs:-

Ryzen 3 1200 

galax b450m ver. 1

8gb ram 2666mhz

Msi armor rx 570 4gb

120gb ssd

500gb hdd

500w psu

UPDATE: I took my motherboard to a Maintenance center and they were able to reprogram the BIOS and it's working now. Yayy!!

IMG_0212.PNG

Edited by Flanigan IQ

Only thing you can do is an RMA in this case.
I did note in the screenie above there is a warning about a mismatch of the system vs the BIOS file - If you tried to flash it anyway with that warning shown, you bricked it yourself. The BIOS file MUST ALWAYS match the system it's being flashed to or it's an automatic bricking of the board.

In any event the only option you have now is an RMA, there is literally nothing you can do at this point aside from that. BTW what store did you get it from and how long ago?

The RMA warranty is from the manufacturer, not the store.

I know stores have a return policy too but any actual RMA associated stuff is between yourself and the manufacturer.

Shoot Galax a mail and see what they say.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

14 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

Only thing you can do is an RMA in this case.
I did note in the screenie above there is a warning about a mismatch of the system vs the BIOS file - If you tried to flash it anyway with that warning shown, you bricked it yourself. The BIOS file MUST ALWAYS match the system it's being flashed to or it's an automatic bricking of the board.

In any event the only option you have now is an RMA, there is literally nothing you can do at this point aside from that. BTW what store did you get it from and how long ago?

The RMA warranty is from the manufacturer, not the store.

I know stores have a return policy too but any actual RMA associated stuff is between yourself and the manufacturer.

Shoot Galax a mail and see what they say.

Thanks for replying. The picture above is not mine, I just took it from the website. And there was no way the bios was incompatible since galax has one and only one b450 motherboard, and I downloaded the file for IT so there was no way it was incompatible. The store I bought it from claims that they only have 1 month warranty and when I emailed Galax this is what they said:-

We recommend that you submit the motherboard to the seller for inspection .

RMA / warranty process need to be done in your base country through retailer system .

I got it on December 1st 2019

Ah - Sticking the retailer with it and they themselves are trying to kick it back upstairs.

Question - Is the BIOS chip removeable from the board?

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana

1 minute ago, Beerzerker said:

Ah - Sticking the retailer with it and they themselves are trying to kick it back upstairs.

Question - Is the BIOS chip removeable from the board?

I don't think so no. It's a normal 8pin bios chip

So it's soldered to the board.... If it could be removed you'd have an out I could tell you about.

Just looked and I believe it is soldered in.

Only suggestion now is to either get them to do something, somehow or get a replacement and I'd stay away from Galax with this experience.

If they won't directly stand behind their product that doesn't say alot that's good about them to me.

BTW just know even under ideal conditions a BIOS update can easily go wrong.

It's best to only update a BIOS if it's actually needed due to security reasons or hardware issues due to the risk of a flash going bad, putting you in the situation you're in now.

10 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

So it's soldered to the board.... If it could be removed you'd have an out I could tell you about.

Just looked and I believe it is soldered in.

Only suggestion now is to either get them to do something, somehow or get a replacement and I'd stay away from Galax with this experience.

If they won't directly stand behind their product that doesn't say alot that's good about them to me.

BTW just know even under ideal conditions a BIOS update can easily go wrong.

It's best to only update a BIOS if it's actually needed due to security reasons or hardware issues due to the risk of a flash going bad, putting you in the situation you're in now.

Yeah I'll start saving up to replace it in the coming months...

Thank you for all your help :) im now successfully hopeless and I'll stop trying to fix it 

One thing you could try again.

Remove the CMOS battery again and leave it out overnight. Since you didn't indicate doing it earlier I'll say to also make sure the PSU is either switched off and drained of power, or unplugged from the wall right before removing the battery.

If you had left the PSU switched on and plugged into the wall outlet, removing the battery doesn't work since it still has power going to the board in the form of standby voltage that way.

Only real way to make it clear is to remove all power to it then remove the CMOS battery.

Try that and be sure to leave the battery out overnight at the very least. Do not switch power back on for the system during this extended time of BIOS clearing.

Once that's done (Overnight) reinsert the battery, restore power to the system and try it - Also be sure before testing that the CMOS clearing jumper is in the correct position for holding settings. If it's left in the "Clear" position it will not work and just refuse to do anything.