Overclocking

Just now, MidniteGames said:

What settings should I use on MSI Afterburner for these specs

You want to oc your gpu?? 
Every gpu will oc different, you have to test it by yourself tbh. You can get some rough idea how to do it by watching yt tutorials and just following them. What’s the brand of that gpu?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Afterburner have an auto overclock feature (OC Scanner)

and in my case it worked pretty well, then you have to set a fan curve to your liking.

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

25 minutes ago, Constantin said:

Afterburner have an auto overclock feature (OC Scanner)

and in my case it worked pretty well, then you have to set a fan curve to your liking.

How to enable the auto overclock?

2 minutes ago, MidniteGames said:

How to enable the auto overclock?

Here is a guide.

https://www.msi.com/blog/get-a-free-performance-boost-with-afterburner-oc-scanner

CPU:i7 9700k 5047.5Mhz All Cores Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC, RAM:Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 OC 3467Mhz GPU:MSI RTX 2070 ARMOR 8GB OC Storage:Samsung SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB, 2x SSD ADATA PRO SP900 256GB, HDD WD CB 2TB, HDD GREEN 2TB PSU: Seasonic focus plus 750w Gold Display(s): 1st: LG 27UK650-W, 4K, IPS, HDR10, 10bit(8bit + A-FRC). 2nd: Samsung 24" LED Monitor (SE390), Cooling:Fazn CPU Cooler Aero 120T Push/pull Corsair ML PRO Fans Keyboard: Corsair K95 Platinum RGB mx Rapidfire Mouse:Razer Naga Chroma  Headset: Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma Sound: Logitech X-540 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker Case: Modded Case Inverted, 5 intake 120mm, one exhaust 120mm.

1 minute ago, MidniteGames said:

Say's it's just for the RTX 20 series graphics cards not my 970 :(

I think it works for the other too

4 minutes ago, Constantin said:

I think it works for the other too

Doesn't work with 970? Any other options?

1 minute ago, WikiForce said:

no point in overclocking that gpu as your cpu is a serious bottleneck for it even at stock clocks

That's disappointing :(

2 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

no point in overclocking that gpu as your cpu is a serious bottleneck for it even at stock clocks

So there's no way I can overclock my gpu? :(

7 minutes ago, WikiForce said:

you can overclock it but i don't think it will yield any better performnce

maybe upgrade to ryzen in future if you have money

fx series cpus were terrible at launch, even dual core 2nd gen i3 used to beat their flagship offerings such as fx 8350 so by time they only got worse as games got even more demanding as time passed by

I may just upgrade my cpu to an AMD Ryzen 2700 would that be any good?

yeah, that's a decent cpu and offers great value as 2nd gen got cheaper after the launch of 3rd gen ryzen.

Also would a gtx 1660 super work well with the cpu?

Just now, WikiForce said:

yes, that looks balanced. Are you going to game at 1080p?

Yeah I have a Asus rog strix XG27VQ 144hz 1080p monitor

then you are all set but i am not sure if you can achieve 144fps at ultra in newer games with that gpu

What gpu should I use to get the most performance?

i am not sure, if your budget allows you should get a 2060 super or 2070 super. But i still believe you can get stable 100+ fps with 1660 super if you are willing to turn down settings from ultra to high and it still doesn't bad at all.

I may just get the 1660 super and the amd ryzen 2700 sometime this year or the next tysm for the help :D would you also recommend me a motherboard to get what works well with these gpu and cpu?

best way to test is increase power limit to max and put the temp limit to what you are comfortable with. next start pushing up the core clock and memory clock bit by bit and when you make changes run furmark/heaven and make sure your temps are not going out of control and you do not have any artifacts on the screen. From there keep pushing it up little bits at a time each one running tests. Once you start to see artifacts or temps too high up dial back the clocks and try again. Save your results and there ya go :).

There are alot of factors for overclocking. Cooling/silicon lottery/etc. Depending on your build delta temperature of the room and such everyone will be a little bit different. Have fun with it as its part of the fun of building and maintaining a pc. It is like pushing your body to the limits, you can learn alot about your parts by doing this. 

if you have are on a tight budget then any decent b450 mobo from a reputable brand but if you want highend stuff for features like PCIE 4.0 then go x570

Tysm this was very helpful hopefully I'll be able to get these either later this year or next year :D

4 minutes ago, MidniteGames said:

I may just get the 1660 super and the amd ryzen 2700 sometime this year or the next tysm for the help :D would you also recommend me a motherboard to get what works well with these gpu and cpu?

It’ll be easier if you tell us your budget 

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS