External SSD for School

I'm looking to buy an external SSD to use with my 2019 MacBook Pro so that I can install bootcamp on it instead of using it on my internal drive. I only need to use it for a few classes so it doesn't need to be huge or insanely fast. Do you guys have any recommendations? For the size around 128 gigs is probably plenty of storage. Thanks!

You can't install and run Windows on external drives, at least not without a bunch of hacking.

If you only need Windows for certain apps and not for anything high performance, you can use a virtual machine like VirtualBox and store the virtual hard drive on the external drive.

7 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

You can't install and run Windows on external drives, at least not without a bunch of hacking.

If you only need Windows for certain apps and not for anything high performance, you can use a virtual machine like VirtualBox and store the virtual hard drive on the external drive.

How about this? 

You can also jsut buy a $200 refurbished dell latitude from amazon. If it's really just for class it will do everything you need and do it very well. Yes it costs a little more, but it's sure a lot less hassle that running VMs, and it already comes with a licensed copy of windows 10, so that's just about covers your costs.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071RY4PJF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

33 minutes ago, Razer06 said:

How about this? 

Yeah I was gonna say I just heard a whole bit on it while listening to the ATP podcast a week or so ago so I know its possible

34 minutes ago, Captain Pappy said:

You can also jsut buy a $200 refurbished dell latitude from amazon. If it's really just for class it will do everything you need and do it very well. Yes it costs a little more, but it's sure a lot less hassle that running VMs, and it already comes with a licensed copy of windows 10, so that's just about covers your costs.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B071RY4PJF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I actually already have a spare copy of windows 10 so with that in mind I'd rather just run things off my main MacBook