Elgato 4k60 pro Mk2 static/issue

Elletoft

Hello !

I have been streaming from time to time and have been using a Elgato HD60 pro up until recently when I bought a new monitor with 1440p 144hz.

Therefore i bought a new Elgato 4k60 pro mk2 capture card and upgraded my streaming rig to this.

Intel Core i5 6600

8gb Ram

MSI Nvidia GTX 980Ti 4gb

My gaming rig is this.

Intel Core i7 7700k

16Gb Ram

Asus rog strix 1080Ti

My gaming monitor is connected trough Display port, and the elgato is connected trough a HDMI 2.0 that can do 4k @ 60hz. My gaming monitor is then cloned to my elgato. So i send a 1440p 144hz signal to my elgato.

I stream at 900p atm downscaling in OBS. 

my problem is this i get a static issue sometimes and it looks like in this clip. 

https://www.twitch.tv/elletoft/clip/EsteemedDreamyChinchillaChocolateRain?filter=clips&range=30d&sort=time

Any 1 knows how to fix this ? 

I have been in contact with elgato and they just keep saying my streaming rig is not meeting the minimum specs for the elgato card...

I have just bought a ASUSROG strix GTX 1650 4GB to test also. so im at a i5 6600 instead of a i7 6XXX does that matter so much ? 

/Magnus   

What are you encoding with? The gpu I assume? 
Is the issue random or happen in intervals?

I’d try to have the system monitoring up and see if there’s a corresponding spike when it happens. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Hello !

I am encoding with the GPU. I have now installed the new gfx GTX 1650 and still getting the same issue.

Tested for only 30 mins yesterday to install the Elgato card in my gaming rig, and as far as I could se after 30-40 min of game time no static appeared. 

Cant say for sure that it is at random or in intervals, but I will make a run at it with the system monitor up to see if something is happening at the same time.