Recommendations for new pc

Adrix

Hello, I wanted to ask for a couple recommendations for my pc case and some 144hz 1080p monitors

my budget for the case is around the $80 USD, but I can't really decided which one I want, I saw the Corsair Spec Delta RGB as a good option because it includes 4 fans, but saw complains that its really hot and that cable management is awfull, I considered the Meshify C but its almost $100 because of shipping, another one I saw was the Phanteks P400A and it looks good

also, the phanteks only includes 2 fans (Im talking about the non rgb version) should I consider another couple of fans or is 2 good enough for cases in general?

and about the monitors, Im looking something in the neighborhood of $200-250 USD, I dont know much about monitors, should I look for something with g-sync or freesync or is there not a lot of difference with a normal 144hz monitor?

thanks!

Regarding your case, if you don't mind a mesh front panel, the Cooler Master NR600 sits at just about $70 (USD) and has two fans, which are enough to keep your CPU and GPU supplied with cool air and exhaust hot air, and not much more. There's plenty of room to work in the case and the layout is very intuitive. The Corsair case has a solid front which absolutely prevents any kind of decent air intake. The Phanteks case also appears to follow similar design with 2 fans, which is decent enough for the same price as the NR600.

For a monitor, Freesync works with AMD cards and G-Sync works with Nvidia. The caveat with G-Sync is that it usually costs more. I'm very satisfied with my Vega 56 and My Viewsonic XG2402, which is 144hz Freesync. Once you change Windows display properties and some settings with the monitor, it will be smooth sailing. Very, very smooth.

Please quote me in your messages so that I am notified!

Remember to mark my post as answer if it answered your question!

Thank you! 😄

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @4.5ghz| Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS M Micro-atx | 

RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance @ 3200mhz | GPU: Powercolor Red Devil Vega 56 | 

Case: Cooler Master NR400 | Storage: 512gb ADATA SX8200 Pro, some 2tb hard drives | 

PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w Platinum | Display(s):Viewsonic XG2402 / AOC I2367FH | 

Cooling: Scythe Kabuto 3 / 3x Thermaltake Riing RGB Fans | Keyboard: Corsair K65 Lux | 

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon | Sound: Steelseries Arctis 3 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home

21 minutes ago, Adrix said:

should I consider another couple of fans or is 2 good enough for cases in general?

Depends on your config, it's enough for mid-range gaming build and Phanteks P400A are very good case overall.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

3 minutes ago, Kaaverik said:

Freesync works with AMD cards and G-Sync works with Nvidia

I've heard that Freesync also works with nvidia, is that true? since Im going with an 2070 super I dont want to buy something I can't use

3 minutes ago, Adrix said:

I've heard that Freesync also works with nvidia, is that true? since Im going with an 2070 super I dont want to buy something I can't use

Nope, freesync is only for amd, it is the same as g-sync it delete the monitor showing more than one frame at once, actually i never had that problem, im on 144hz FreeSync monitor and never had any issues that g-sync or free-sync should disable, so if you want a cheper choice just don't look at it, im on Nvidia card btw. 

6 minutes ago, Adrix said:

After a quick search, it appears that people have been able to use Freesync with their Nvidia cards, but I would look into it more just to make sure.

List of unofficial monitors at the bottom of the page

Looks like Eurogamer did an article that lists the XG2402

Please quote me in your messages so that I am notified!

Remember to mark my post as answer if it answered your question!

Thank you! 😄

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @4.5ghz| Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS M Micro-atx | 

RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance @ 3200mhz | GPU: Powercolor Red Devil Vega 56 | 

Case: Cooler Master NR400 | Storage: 512gb ADATA SX8200 Pro, some 2tb hard drives | 

PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w Platinum | Display(s):Viewsonic XG2402 / AOC I2367FH | 

Cooling: Scythe Kabuto 3 / 3x Thermaltake Riing RGB Fans | Keyboard: Corsair K65 Lux | 

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon | Sound: Steelseries Arctis 3 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home

6 minutes ago, Juular said:

Depends on your config, it's enough for mid-range gaming build and Phanteks P400A are very good case overall.

You should specify your build, tell is the motherboard at least, we cannot tell you if 2 fans are enough because we don't know your build, it can be hot as well as very cold. 

3 minutes ago, Kaaverik said:

After a quick search, it appears that people have been able to use Freesync with their Nvidia cards, but I would look into it more just to make sure.

I can check that for you tomorrow and tell if it works, because the activation process seems really simple

2 minutes ago, PaygiN said:

You should specify your build

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.13 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  ($36.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($174.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($119.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC 3X Video Card  ($499.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1280.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-09 16:19 EST-0500

PSU might be changed, I already have the Mobo and the cpu cooler, the rest is staying as it is, still dont know about the case, thats why this post

Just now, Adrix said:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.13 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler  ($36.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($174.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory  ($144.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP EX920 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($119.00 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB GAMING OC 3X Video Card  ($499.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($109.99 @ Best Buy) 
Total: $1280.08
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-09 16:19 EST-0500

PSU might be changed, I already have the Mobo and the cpu cooler, the rest is staying as it is, still dont know about the case, thats why this post

You have a very good build i can tell, but why is r5 3600 a pick for such good PC, it will probably lower your performance, i wanna buy it with 1060, it is a little bit too budgety? I think that word doesnt exist but i think you know what I mean, about the case i have to check

1 minute ago, PaygiN said:

You have a very good build i can tell, but why is r5 3600 a pick for such good PC, it will probably lower your performance, i wanna buy it with 1060, it is a little bit too budgety? I think that word doesnt exist but i think you know what I mean, about the case i have to check

Your PSU is very good, you don't have to change it, Gpu have a decent cooling as well as cpu, so 2 fans will be enough

6 minutes ago, PaygiN said:

why is r5 3600 a pick

well, its a really good cpu and I doubt it will lower the performance, and I also don't think I will make use of a ryzen 7 8 cores, if I ever want to upgrade to a ryzen 7 I will probably do, but I dont think I should pick it at the moment

21 minutes ago, Adrix said:

yes it works. i am typing this from a 1660 gpu and a freesync monitor and it works in all games

2 minutes ago, Adrix said:

well, its a really good cpu and I doubt it will lower the performance, and I also don't think I will make use of a ryzen 7 8 cores, if I ever want to upgrade to a ryzen 7 I will probably do, but I dont think I should at the moment

and yes, the 3600 is perfect for 2070 super

1 minute ago, boggy77 said:

and yes, the 3600 is perfect for 2070 super

Ok nvm then, no research no voice heh

10 minutes ago, PaygiN said:

Corsair Carbide Series 275r is a decent case for this price.