1650 Super OC

Razer06
Go to solution Solved by Badger906,
1 minute ago, Razer06 said:

Hi! I recently built myself a Gaming PC with a GTX 1650 SUPER, i have no experience with overclocking a GPU, how would i go about doing this, and what would be a safe OC, i have a EVGA SC Ultra Gaming one, with a 6 pin PCIe connector. 

There's no simple answer to whats best or safe as not 2 gpus are the same. I personally use msi afterburner. I now has an auto feature where it will adjust and stress test the gpu as best as it can. Its normally within 10% of a manual overclock.

Manually you want to adjust the power limit to it max (it will only draw what it needs so don't worry its safe). Then just start upping the core clock speed up a few mhz at a time then stress test. I use furmark myself. 20mhz at a time is what I use. Keep upping it till you get instabilities such as a crash or a bluescreen then roll it back by 10mhz and test again. Its trial and error, but its super easy to learn.

Jays 2 cents has a recent video in the last few months on overclocking rtx cards. But same applies.

Hi! I recently built myself a Gaming PC with a GTX 1650 SUPER, i have no experience with overclocking a GPU, how would i go about doing this, and what would be a safe OC, i have a EVGA SC Ultra Gaming one, with a 6 pin PCIe connector. 

1 minute ago, Razer06 said:

There's no simple answer to whats best or safe as not 2 gpus are the same. I personally use msi afterburner. I now has an auto feature where it will adjust and stress test the gpu as best as it can. Its normally within 10% of a manual overclock.

Manually you want to adjust the power limit to it max (it will only draw what it needs so don't worry its safe). Then just start upping the core clock speed up a few mhz at a time then stress test. I use furmark myself. 20mhz at a time is what I use. Keep upping it till you get instabilities such as a crash or a bluescreen then roll it back by 10mhz and test again. Its trial and error, but its super easy to learn.

Jays 2 cents has a recent video in the last few months on overclocking rtx cards. But same applies.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

28 minutes ago, Badger906 said:

Thank you so much.

43 minutes ago, Razer06 said:

It's not 1650 Super, it is an overclocked 1650. The 1650S does have GDDR6, non-S is GDDR5.

2 hours ago, Sir0Tek said:

It's not 1650 Super, it is an overclocked 1650. The 1650S does have GDDR6, non-S is GDDR5

Yeah, i know what the difference is between the two. And they both say EVGA SC Ultra Gaming. And i know that the 1650 non-s SC is overclocked, same with the 1650s SC. I know which i bought, the 1650s, not the 1650 with a lower-tier GPU, the one with GDDR6 and the same GPU as the 1660.

Darn, they have indeed non-super and super running under the same name. My bad.