Help needed.

So my current PC which I’ve had for 8ish years has a Nvidia 960 and an I-5 and I’ve been wanting to upgrade for a lot of reasons, but don’t know where to start. I want to get the best bang for my budget ($2500) but there is so many options right now for computer parts idk if I would be better off going AMD or Intel.

im a casual gamer but my current rig can only handle borderlands 3 on low settings. Please help me.

You can build a pretty kicking system for that budget.  AMD and Intel both have good options.  Watch some vids.   You can build just about any top spec rig for that $.

What do you need in the way of help?  I mean, you can go to new egg and basically build a system before you buy it. 

1 minute ago, Noobie Dork said:

You can build a pretty kicking system for that budget.  AMD and Intel both have good options.  Watch some vids.   You can build just about any top spec rig for that $.

What do you need in the way of help?  I mean, you can go to new egg and basically build a system before you buy it. 

Well like I said, I don’t know how to find what parts fit together or really to see what power supply I need. I also don’t know if I should go AMD or Intel.

i don’t need to edit videos or anything like that, just gaming. 

AMD,on my opinion,is more cost effective and very efficient too.Intel on the other side for the part of gaming,is simply better,but more expensive.In the end it comse to how many $ you want to spend.First option:AMD cheaper and better for editing and streaming,but also very effective for gaming,Second option Intel:Probably best gaming perfomance but more expensive.It your choice.

(this all my opinion I may be wrong,you can correct me if you want to)

50 minutes ago, boggy77 said:

A 3900X and 2080 ti for a casual gamer ? Yes he has a $2500 budget but he doesn't need to spend anywhere near that. A 3600X/3700X and 5700XT would be a better way to spend his money.

1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

A 3900X and 2080 ti for a casual gamer ? Yes he has a $2500 budget but he doesn't need to spend anywhere near that. A 3600X/3700X and 5700XT would be a better way to spend his money.

agree. budget friendly version:

Everyone is going to AMD now, and i can see why, so good options all round. 

its always worth putting your money into a good m/board so you get good sound / wifi etc 

1 hour ago, boggy77 said:

I would suggest something like this. 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($194.99 @ Walmart) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  ($39.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: MSI B450-A PRO MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Team T-FORCE DARK Z 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($59.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: HP EX920 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($61.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: PowerColor Radeon RX 5700 8 GB Video Card  ($349.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Cooler Master MasterBox MB520 RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($84.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Cooler Master MWE Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($78.38 @ Amazon) 
Total: $1020.30
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-06 10:10 EST-0500

7 hours ago, Frayia said:

Everyone is going to AMD now, and i can see why, so good options all round. 

its always worth putting your money into a good m/board so you get good sound / wifi etc 

In fact, yes! With these recent releases during 2019 of AMD, finally in thsi last decade we can say that they deliver more. Some continue to choose Intel but that is a matter of taste, the truth is that with either of them it will do well.

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming