Can't always boot pc

zzedo

An old PC (that was built 4 or 5 years ago) started having problems booting lately: CPU fans start going at max speed and then the system shuts down after 2 or 3 seconds, then it tries again to boot in a loop. Sometimes the fix is to shut down the pc using the button on the psu and wait a couple minutes, then try to turn the pc on again. Then there's an error on screen: FW STATUS RECOVERY ERROR and it powers on just fine.
My components are:
Mobo: fatal1ty h87 performance
CPU: Intel i5 4570
RAM: 2x4Gb vengeance 1600 MHz (which don't properly go at 1600 mhz because I can't set the xmp profile in the bios, because the system crashes afterwards and it resets the uefi defaults)
Psu: CX 600 m
GPU : R9 280x toxic
The problem doesn't seem to be related to capacitors, since they look fine to me, but I'm no expert. I tried to change the slot of the RAMs but nothing changed, I tried to use the the Memory Diagnostic Tool but there doesn't seem to be any errors there.
Sometimes during normal use of the PC the CPU fans go at max speed for no reason for a second and then go back to normal speed.
Thanks for the help.

20 minutes ago, zzedo said:

RAM: 2x4Gb vengeance 1600 MHz (which don't properly go at 1600 mhz because I can't set the xmp profile in the bios, because the system crashes

Set timings and dram voltage manually - See SPD in BIOS - if you cant - download Aida64 and launch in windows -> motherboard -> SPD.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

18 minutes ago, ff0000 said:

FW satnds for firmware. Try clearning the CMOS or maybe update the BIOS

Do you mean manually with the battery method(????) or software? If the software way is loading uefi defaults in the BIOS, I already tried that and it didn't work :(

1 hour ago, ff0000 said:

Yes manually

Okay I tried this method but I'm still having the issue. :(

Could it be that the cmos battery is dead?

Edit: tried with a different battery still unable to make it work properly.

1 hour ago, DoctorNick said:

Set timings and dram voltage manually - See SPD in BIOS - if you cant - download Aida64 and launch in windows -> motherboard -> SPD.

Do you think it'll fix the boot issues or just the RAM ones? Because I can live with worse ram than advertised as long as the PC powers on fine hahahah :(

Guys do you think it could be the thermal paste, which has now become dry? ?