Vortex One watercooling kit

Whiro

So I came across this kit 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newegg.com/amp/p/37B-002K-00010

Any thoughts about it? It’s really cheap comparing to any other that kind of kit, I’m not expecting anything from it but for that price ($130 or £99 in UK) is it even worth it?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

I don’t have a lot of experience with custom loops specifically.  I’ve dealt with home radiator systems and general buying stuff though.  All I’ve got is general stuff:

this is bundled things in general, not just watercooling:
Price the parts.  Parts of similar quality.  Kits, like prebuilt computers, often cheap out somewhere.   Any part you don’t need has zero value.  Were i to start doing custom loops that would be the fluid and dyes just to start.  There was a guy who said here once he did a full kit for 3/4 that price.  Not sure how true it was, or what he had to do to the parts to make it possible.  

Any cold water system:

One thing to watch with cold water heating of any kind is dielectric interaction.  Metals of different types can have strange corrosive behaviors when moving water is nearby.  It’s actually an electrical effect.  They don’t need to touch the water.  What parts are made out of is important.  I’d also point out the importance of gas right tubing and “dead” water, but that might not apply to custom loops.  It’s critically important for home radiators.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

The main point of these kits is that they have everything you need to start a basic water cooling loop. No hassle with finding fittings or tube sizing which can be complicated if your not informed. The reviews on newegg look ok. It doesnt state what company makes the radiator or the pump which is a sort of concern for me personally. There is a parts list breakdown in the ad. I would expect this to perform around the same as a 240mm AIO. These are meant to get you started into building your own custom liquid cooling loops. It is fun to build and put them together but can be stressful the first time. Bleeding can be a pain as alot of people do not have patience for it lol. Make sure your computer case has room for the parts and that its under the CPU compatibility. 

CPU Compatibility:
Intel LGA-1150/1151/1155/1156
Intel LGA-1366
Intel LGA-2011(3)
AMD AM2 (+)
AMD AM3 (+)
AMD FM1
AMD FM2 (+)
AMD AM4 Ryzen

Included:
1x Liquid.cool Strike One Universal INTEL & AMD CPU Waterblock
- Nickel Plated retention mount + nuts, springs washers
1x Low Profile Dual Pass Copper Radiator
2x 120mm White LED Anti Vibration Fans
1x 500lph Pump with Cylinder Reservoir Combo
1x 500 mL Liquid.cool Ultra Pure Distilled + 3 Dyes (UV Blue, UV Green, Red)
8x 13/10mm Matt Black Compression Fittings
2m 13/10mm Clear High Clarity Tubing
1x Visual Flow Meter

Accessories Included:
1x Liquid.cool LGA115x backplate
3x 5ml Dyes (UV Blue, UV Green, Red)
1x Silver Thermal Paste
1x White 5mm LED
1x 24Pin Bridging tool
1x Vortex One Manual

id take this over an AIO any day.  to expand, simply grab another copper radiator/block/ tubes and away you go.  soft-tube is easy.  looks like one of those cheap chinese pumps, id advise putting it over a bottom fan grill just in case it leaks,  I ran a cheap chinese ebay pump for over a year with zero issues tho.