1 minute ago, Sir0Tek said:

Yes it does, support goes up to fx-series, that means up to 8 cores.

Really? The motherboard in the second link does?

5 minutes ago, Ragde.soirrab said:

Really? The motherboard in the second link does?

Your links don't work (at least for me). First one is Asus M5A78L-M-LX3 which does support fx-cpus. I can't see what board the 2nd one is.

8 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Yes it does, support goes up to fx-series, that means up to 8 cores.

So would this Motherboard be compatible with this Cpu?

2 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Your links don't work (at least for me). First one is Asus M5A78L-M-LX3 which does support fx-cpus. I can't see what board the 2nd one is.

This is the second one 

Screenshot_20191231-020535.png

Screenshot_20191231-020549.png

Screenshot_20191231-020600.png

Unless you know exactly what you're doing I can't recommend a cheap chinese board anyway. I mean they probably work with anything you throw at it (Phenom, Athlon, but not fx-series) but otherwise they offer very little.

If you can get the Asus for cheap go with it, also I do hope you are not planning to buy an outdated CPU and the mainboard and suitable memory all at once, from dealers?

7 minutes ago, Sir0Tek said:

Unless you know exactly what you're doing I can't recommend a cheap chinese board anyway. I mean they probably work with anything you throw at it (Phenom, Athlon, but not fx-series) but otherwise they offer very little.

If you can get the Asus for cheap go with it, also I do hope you are not planning to buy an outdated CPU and the mainboard and suitable memory all at once, from dealers?

Yes I was, I was going for a dumb cheap Chinese build?. But thank you, you helped me out a lot

1 hour ago, Ragde.soirrab said:

Yes I was, I was going for a dumb cheap Chinese build?. But thank you, you helped me out a lot

Why dont you go with a cheap am4 Board 8gigs of low speed DDR4 and a ryzen 3 1200? Would be like less than 130$

11 hours ago, Sh3ld0r said:

Why dont you go with a cheap am4 Board 8gigs of low speed DDR4 and a ryzen 3 1200? Would be like less than 130$

That sounds like a good idea, I do have a am4 board already. What low speed ram would be good?

On 1/1/2020 at 12:24 AM, Ragde.soirrab said:

That sounds like a good idea, I do have a am4 board already. What low speed ram would be good?

In my region 2x4GB Kits G.Skill Aegis kits brand new can be had for less than 30 bucks.

what a coincidence. i'm looking for an am3 board too. what i found out is that there are generations of chipsets for am3, the higher the number the better, i think. i'd look for biostar with generation 800 or 900 chipsets, they are lovely too, black with red slots and other variations,if i was you.