Graphics Card Recommendations?

GeoHandle

So I built my new gaming PC containing a Radeon VII that I got for £450 off eBay, but it doesn't work, so I need a replacement. My budget goes up to about £450 but im leaning more toward going lower at £300 to £400. With new graphics cards coming out soon-ish I want to get something that'll do the job well enough and that I can sell on once the new stuff comes out and I can upgrade. I know that the cards in my budget range are the 2060 super, the 2070 (super if I stretch the budget a bit further) or the 5700/5700xt. However I don't have a clue as to what they're likely to be worth once the new stuff comes out. As far as I know the AMD cards are better value for money (correct me if im wrong) and while its nice when you can use it I don't particularly care about ray tracing. Should I go for the lower end 2060 super/5700 or the higher end 2070/2070 super/5700xt, and should I go for the AMD or Nvidia Card?

I plan to mainly use the system for gaming on a single 1440 144hz curved monitor (if I upgrade it will be after ive upgraded to one of the new cards). I might play around a bit with designing simple games in cryengine or unreal engine etc, but that is just playing around so as long as it'll work I want to focus of the build to be for gaming.

My system specs:

CPU: 3700x

Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus 

RAM: Patriot Steel Series Viper 16GB (8x2) 3733Mhz (Ive been having problems getting both sticks to work at 3733Mhz together so I might have to replace these)

Cooler: Stock cooler - eventually planning for custom water cooling so ill make do with this for now.

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80+ Gold

SSD: Sabrent Rocket M.2 NVME 512GB & Samsung QVO 1TB SATA

HDD: Old 1TB Drive from old PC

Case: NZXT H510 White

Any advice is welcome, I mainly just want opinions on if i'd save more money when selling whichever I get if I went for the cheaper or more expensive cards.

Also with CES about a week away will prices drop after the announcements or will that not happen until the new cards actually come out?

10 minutes ago, GeoHandle said:

Also with CES about a week away will prices drop after the announcements or will that not happen until the new cards actually come out?

They might, So I'd just say wait a week and then see what happens then

My custom loop 5000$ PC:

CPU: Intel i7 9900k Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A RAM: 32GB (x4 8GB Modules) Corsair Dominator VideoCard: Asus Nvidia 2080ti HDD/SSD: 1TB M2 Samsung EVO 970 Case: LianLi O11 Dynamic (White) Radiator: x1 Corsair Hydro X Series XR5 360 Fans: x6 Corsair LL120 RGB Tubing: Thermaltake PETG ID: 13mm OD: 16mm Fittings: Bitspower Throughout Waterblocks: CPU: EK-Velocity RGB (Nickel+Plexi) VideoCard: EK-Vector RTX 2080ti w/ Nickel Backplate (Nickel+Plexi) Reservoir: Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna Front Plate Options: Corsair Commander Pro, Corsair RGB Controller, Custom Sleeved Cables for CPU, ATX and PCI-E