Magewell XI400DE Not Recognized

MrDevanWright

I am attempting to install a Magewell XI400DE-HDMI Gen1 PCIEx4 capture card, however nothing I do brings it up in device manager. Help?

Verified all slots working with an Elgato HD60 Pro. Most troubleshooting involved the Magewell in the x16 slot. Changed settings for; Legacy Mode, Slot Security, Secure Boot, SERR Generation. Attempting to install drivers from Magewell, here, results in the installation erroring "Can't Find Adapter" and closing. The card becomes warm, and no diodes or chips appear damaged.

HP Envy H8-1534, AMD FX-6350 3.9Ghz, 8GB

M3970AM-HP (Angelica2), An2_810.rom v8.10

Windows 10 Home, Version 1909 Build 18363.535, x64

If the device does not show up in Device Manager, it generally means there's an interoperability with one or more chipsets on the card and your board. The only way to be certain, is to try the card in another system until it works in one, which would confirm. 

Now, because you have an HP system, I can basically guarantee it's an interoperability because their BIOS is utter trash and has all sorts of interop issues will all sorts of chipsets (I deal with this at work all the time).

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

So, @SlayerOfHellWyrm, you're pretty much saying I'm SOL. Was hoping for some better news...

I am looking to update the BIOS, so any suggestions besides HP Assistant are appreciated. It's a Gigabyte board but because it is OEM an update is hard to find...

Just now, MrDevanWright said:

So, @SlayerOfHellWyrm, you're pretty much saying I'm SOL. Was hoping for some better news...

I am looking to update the BIOS, so any suggestions besides HP Assistant are appreciated. It's a Gigabyte board but because it is OEM an update is hard to find...

Short answer, is you can't. It's an OEM board, you get what you get through HP and that's it.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

I popped it in a Dell Optiplex 390, and no dice. Hoping it's a card issue, it'd be easier to replace. Updating the bios to A14 to verify.