New monitor no output

digitaldoughnut

I have plugged in my new monitor (BenQ EX3203R) to my pc and at first it worked, although to get an image on screen would take a lot of effort as i would need to keep turning it on and off and changing inputs, however i have just gone to turn on my pc and i cannot seem to get an image to display. I have managed to install the drivers for the monitor via a remote desktop session but that does not seem to have helped, all monitor settings have been reset to factory as well. I have also tried multiple DisplayPort cables + ports on both of my gpu's and still no image on screen. thanks

RMA it. You are going through way too much trouble to get it to display. It should literally be video input cable, power, bam!  picture anything more than that monitor is bad Especially if your video card worked on a different monitor.

4 minutes ago, Zer0Chill said:

RMA it. You are going through way too much trouble to get it to display. It should literally be video input cable, power, bam!  picture anything more than that monitor is bad Especially if your video card worked on a different monitor.

alright cool thanks ill try that and see if i can get a new one. And yeh my pc worked with my old samsung monitor, although saying that the monitor picks up my macbook instantly.....

thanks though

The monitor definitely sounds as though it's defective. Just to confirm you could plug in another device and see what happens before you RMA it. GL ?

it detects that a cable is plugged in just no video output via dp but then when i plug in my macbook via hdmi it picks it up instantly but thanks!

6 minutes ago, digitaldoughnut said:

it detects that a cable is plugged in just no video output via dp but then when i plug in my macbook via hdmi it picks it up instantly but thanks!

Oh OK, then it's probably a bad DP. You mentioned it was new so it will be a lot faster to get a replacement from the store you bought it from rather than through BenQ.  

2 minutes ago, Founders said:

Oh OK, then it's probably a bad DP. You mentioned it was new so it will be a lot faster to get a replacement from the store you bought it from rather than through BenQ.  

alright cool thanks, i'll return it to amazon then. Not looking too promising though as they managed to "lose" it the first time i ordered it ?

1 minute ago, digitaldoughnut said:

alright cool thanks, i'll return it to amazon then. Not looking too promising though as they managed to "lose" it the first time i ordered it ?

Sheesh... Remember when Amazon actually gave a damn?

2 minutes ago, Founders said:

Sheesh... Remember when Amazon actually gave a damn?

yep how its changed, their official response to me for losing it was that "the carrier updated the tracking info by accident" might as well cancel my prime membership then!

3 minutes ago, digitaldoughnut said:

yep how its changed, their official response to me for losing it was that "the carrier updated the tracking info by accident" might as well cancel my prime membership then!

I still like Prime Video and 1-2 day shipping but if you need to talk to them now they route their calls overseas to people that are reading from a cue card. 

1 minute ago, Founders said:

I still like Prime Video and 1-2 day shipping but if you need to talk to them now they route their calls overseas to people that are reading from a cue card. 

im not so fussed about prime video, but i will admit the shipping is nice to have. although as you said talking to someone who replies with something off a cue card isnt always the easiest.