Reference Vega 64 idle is jumping

Chenzen

Hello i recently purchased a new Vega 64 reference from sapphire. I havent had any issues with the card for about a week until this morning when it suddenly crashed and now after a restart the idle utilization is ranging from 5% all the way up to 40%. Coming from an HD 7870 so im not sure if this is normal behavior or maybe something is wrong.

My system specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

MSI B450 tomahawk MOBO

EVGA 600W PSU 

16 GB RAM

Windows 10 pro

1 hour ago, Chenzen said:

Hello i recently purchased a new Vega 64 reference from sapphire. I havent had any issues with the card for about a week until this morning when it suddenly crashed and now after a restart the idle utilization is ranging from 5% all the way up to 40%. Coming from an HD 7870 so im not sure if this is normal behavior or maybe something is wrong.

My system specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

MSI B450 tomahawk MOBO

EVGA 600W PSU 

16 GB RAM

Windows 10 pro

How’s the temps on that card?

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

Just now, Whiro said:

How’s the temps on that card?

the temps are cool at idle no more than 35C

Just check if there is anything using the gpu in the background. I wouldn’t worry about that too much until it becomes a problem. Did you noticed any drops in fps when playing games??

@Whiro tag or quote will do the trick 
i5 3570K @ 4.7Ghz  |  AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Performance  |  Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  |  ASUS Strix GTX 970 OC  |  Phanteks P400S TG  (mesh panel) |  EVGA 500W1  |  Storage: Corsair 60GB SSD (boot), Gigabyte 120GB SSD, WD 2Tb HDD | Cooling: Custom loop

EKWB EK-XRES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM

EKWB EK Supremacy Evo , naked die

EKWB EK Thermosphere 

EKWB EK CoolStream PE 360

EKWB EK Coolstream SE 120

EKWB EK Vardar 120s  x6

EKWB EK STC Classic 10/16  x10

EKWB EK DuraClear Tubing 16/10

EKWB EK CryoFuel Acid Green

Laptop: Gigabyte G5-KC | i5 10500H | RTX 3060

WHIRO

THE FIRST OF DEATH AND DARKNESS

He feast on the dead to inherit their power

no there wasnt any frame drops, I checked the background processes and the only thing that was running was my web browser. 

9 minutes ago, Chenzen said:

no there wasnt any frame drops, I checked the background processes and the only thing that was running was my web browser. 

If you have hardware acceleration enabled on your browser, it can and will cause those jumps periodically due to it needing to maintain a render of the pages you have open. It's highly recommended to turn off hardware acceleration if leaving a browser open in the background while gaming. (it can destabilize the game, the browser, and your system, no matter the system specs)

CPURyzen 7 5800X with Arctic Liquid Freezer II 120mm AIO & push-pull Arctic P12 PWM fans RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 4x8GB 3600 16-16-16-30

PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W GPUASRock RX 5700 XT Reference with Eiswolf GPX-Pro 240 AIO & 2x Arctic P12 PWM fans Case: Antec P5

MotherboardASRock X570M Pro4 Monitor: ASUS ROG Strix XG32VC Storage: HP EX950 1TB NVMe, Mushkin Pilot-E 1TB NVMe, 2x Constellation ES 2TB in RAID1

https://hwbot.org/submission/4497882_btgbullseye_gpupi_v3.3___32b_radeon_rx_5700_xt_13min_37sec_848ms

i havent had any issues since doing what you suggested, im guessing the crash i had earlier wasnt related to utilization. Thanks again for your suggestions.