RGB Software for Linux

OtterlyDumb

Hello! I've had my computer for a while now, which is running 18.04.3 LTS, and I wanted to get some software to finally control the RGB on my RAM, which is two sticks of T-Force Delta RGB, but it seems to me that most of the programs that are listed on the website, specifically Aura Sync, don't work. I also have a headset with RGB and am waiting for a new mouse that has RGB to arrive. Does anyone know any programs that do work?

34 minutes ago, OtterlyDumb said:

Hello! I've had my computer for a while now, which is running 18.04.3 LTS, and I wanted to get some software to finally control the RGB on my RAM, which is two sticks of T-Force Delta RGB, but it seems to me that most of the programs that are listed on the website, specifically Aura Sync, don't work. I also have a headset with RGB and am waiting for a new mouse that has RGB to arrive. Does anyone know any programs that do work?

Aura sync is specific to some motherboards by a particular brand.  I forget which one.  If you don’t have one of those motherboards I suspect it wouldn’t work.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Just now, Bombastinator said:

Aura sync is specific to some motherboards by a particular brand.  I forget which one.  If you don’t have one of those motherboards I suspect it wouldn’t work.  

Ah, thank you! I'll check to see if iCue and some others work whenever I have the time.

1 minute ago, OtterlyDumb said:

Ah, thank you! I'll check to see if iCue and some others work whenever I have the time.

Iirc icue is Corsair specific and doesn’t even work with all Corsair stuff.  Finding out which motherboard you have could tell you which software might work depending on the software. There is a drive by manufacturers to force consumers into using their product line through lack of RGB standardization.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

4 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Iirc icue is Corsair specific and doesn’t even work with all Corsair stuff.  Finding out which motherboard you have could tell you which software might work depending on the software. There is a drive by manufacturers to force consumers into using their product line through lack of RGB standardization.  

I have an ASrock B450, if that matters at all. I think my list is iCue, Gigabyte's software, then I'll try G HUB again. Thank you for your time and effort!

4 minutes ago, OtterlyDumb said:

I have an ASrock B450

AsRock's software is called Polycrome RGB

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

1 minute ago, G27Racer_188 said:

AsRock's software is called Polycrome RGB

Thank you, I was not aware that AsRock had RGB software

See my OpenRGB project on GitLab.  Previously known as OpenAuraSDK, it is a project to create open source, Windows and Linux drivers for Asus Aura, Aura RAM, some other manufacturers' RAM (Corsair, HyperX), other motherboards (Gigabyte and ASRock partially implemented), and assorted other stuff like the AMD Wraith Prism cooler, NZXT Hue+, etc.  Should work just fine for your motherboard and RAM.

https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/28/2019 at 5:20 AM, CalcProgrammer1 said:

See my OpenRGB project on GitLab.  Previously known as OpenAuraSDK, it is a project to create open source, Windows and Linux drivers for Asus Aura, Aura RAM, some other manufacturers' RAM (Corsair, HyperX), other motherboards (Gigabyte and ASRock partially implemented), and assorted other stuff like the AMD Wraith Prism cooler, NZXT Hue+, etc.  Should work just fine for your motherboard and RAM.

https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB

Thank you so much! I hope it works!